Killed A Cobra Mustang

fxstsmith

Coming home after watching the hockey game at a friends house I come up on red mustang. He revs a little so I nod and we get to the light and tell him to follow me out of town a bit. He agrees so we hit the last light in town. I look over and see Cobra markings and think shit I'm going to get owned. light turns green he hits then I hit and passed him within the intersection. I get a good lead and hit the breaks...he pulls up beside me and gives me a big thumbs up and asked me what the hell you have in that thing? Gave him a little purge and he laughed. Said it was the first time he's ever been beaten by full size truck. Oh, the mustang was 1998 cobra not much done to it but exhaust. :chevy:

Thats awesome. Just be glad it wasnt it an 03/04 cobra. The results might have been different. Those 4.6L in the pre 99 body styles are hard to make power with. I think the cobra was like 275hp or something, they barely made 225whp. Even with a supercharger, they are only looking at 350-400hp and around 300-325 at the wheels. But like anything else, its their car and its what they want/love. Good race. I thinks its always fun to take out a rwd V8. I took out a 05+ Mustang GT last fall and it had no idea what had just happened.