Meziere Electric Ls1 Water Pump

allballz57

I just bought a 55gph electric water pump from meziere and was curious if this will fit on our trucks,if not I have an ls1 motor for a project I am working on and will use it on that,but rather than pull the truck apart to test fit it I would rather ask and see.the model # is WP319R.

i run one but use it for car accessories. but ive seen someone use it for the trucks. they ended up stacking 2-3 gskets to space it out or you could use a spacer instead of stacked gaskets

i run one but use it for car accessories. but ive seen someone use it for the trucks. they ended up stacking 2-3 gskets to space it out or you could use a spacer instead of stacked gaskets

yeah bolts right up just the belt alignment is not centered

thus the reason for spacing it out!!! rpms and not centerd will leave chance for belt flying off. for 20 minutes of time making a spacer never dealing with belt flying off....priceless

yes i know you didnt mention in your previous post why to use spacers, THATS WHY I SAID DUE TO BELT ALIGNMENT!!!

Thanks for the info guys,when it gets here I will get a better idea what to do. how for do you think it needs spaced out.I might have a spacer made at work,one of my buddie's can work magic on a milling machine.I really don't want to take the chance of losng the belt.Belt changes with the procharger are a p.i.t.a and I will be running an aftermarket tensioner so tension should be a little better than stock.

Thanks for the info guys,when it gets here I will get a better idea what to do. how for do you think it needs spaced out.I might have a spacer made at work,one of my buddie's can work magic on a milling machine.I really don't want to take the chance of losng the belt.Belt changes with the procharger are a p.i.t.a and I will be running an aftermarket tensioner so tension should be a little better than stock.

How much did that pump run you? I have been thinking about getting one for a while now.

How much did that pump run you? I have been thinking about getting one for a while now.

The HP gain is not worth the cost IMO unless you are doing a car intake swap in the process. I picked mine off of E-bay new for $625 + shipping which included the thermostat, upper neck, gaskets and heater barbs. There is an aftermarket relay kit that should be utilized as well to be safe...the pump pulls alot of power and should be on its own dedicated line.

I'm not looking for any HP gain with this. I am just looking for a more efficient colling method at the track and in between rounds. If I were to get one, I would put it on its own manual switch so it could be turned on anytime and left on when the truck isn't on.

I'm not looking for any HP gain with this. I am just looking for a more efficient colling method at the track and in between rounds. If I were to get one, I would put it on its own manual switch so it could be turned on anytime and left on when the truck isn't on.

I would be more inclined to wire it into the electronic fan wiring (assuming it's controlled through the PCM), and tell you're PCM that it's okay to run the fan while the truck is off. This way it's running the fan and the water pump, that would cool the truck down in no time. Although, I would trial run it a couple of times to make sure that your battery will hold out against that kind of power drain, and see how fast it would recover once you start the truck again.

Either way, that's my idea... Very very easy to accomplish as well.

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

I would be more inclined to wire it into the electronic fan wiring (assuming it's controlled through the PCM), and tell you're PCM that it's okay to run the fan while the truck is off. This way it's running the fan and the water pump, that would cool the truck down in no time. Although, I would trial run it a couple of times to make sure that your battery will hold out against that kind of power drain, and see how fast it would recover once you start the truck again.

Either way, that's my idea... Very very easy to accomplish as well.

My fan is not controlled through the PCM. It is on a switch wires directly to the yellow top Optima. I left it on for about 90 minutes once and my battery drained. I gave it a jump start and everything went right back to normal.