Procharged Texas Speed 408 Build Up Lots Of Pics

dozer

I'm going to point out how I actually like the "slap" shifter on the center console instead of the column. How did you do that? I would like to see a write up on that. It looks like a B&M shifter to me.

:withstupid: thats exactly wat i was thinking about. im not sure if it was on here or not but i was reading about this convertion which i am extremely interested in, i think the linkage(sp) from the trailblazer is wat u would need to do it. hopefully he can chime on it or maybe do a write in the "How to" section....

-Rob

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.......Those B&M's are pretty nice....I ran the "Pro-Ratchet" in my Olds 442............After seeing the set-up in the SS, I think that would be a cool mod to do one of these weekends------------- :cheers: I still say GM should have given the SS a console mounted shifter to begin with.............................. :rolleyes:

Ya, he was jealous of the factory console shifter in my Trailblazer SS, so we went and fabbed it all into the Silvy...

Nice work!

I see you will be challenging the FLT 65E as well :cheers:

Is that a custom battery relo or a "kit"??? Any info would be appreciated! :chevy:

The battery relocate not a kit, but the dual battery in the Duramax goes in that location, so you use the factory mount from that I'd imagine...About the shifter, we tried using the factory linkages/cable and no good! the B&M requires adjustability both on the Park and Gear sides so we could either get the factory cable to go Reverse all the way to 1 or Park down to 2...that's it!all in all it worked out and the shifter works well...Dozer never did a write-up on it and as far as we can tell, no one has done this...only the T-56 swaps have it...

:withstupid: thats exactly wat i was thinking about. im not sure if it was on here or not but i was reading about this convertion which i am extremely interested in, i think the linkage(sp) from the trailblazer is wat u would need to do it. hopefully he can chime on it or maybe do a write in the "How to" section....

-Rob

Its a B&M Truck Megashifter. It come with everything you need. In order to put it where it is, I had to trim the left side of the adjustable base for clearance. It comes with the cable and correct bracket that mounts to our trans. Like Evil said we tried the stock cable and it was a no go. The indicator on the dash PRND321 works perfect since it gets its signal from the NSBU on the trans along with not being able to start unless its in park or neutral. When you remove the stock shiter and linkage it eliminates depressing the bake to engage the shiter. I also had to remove the ducting for the rear heater/ac that routes through the center console and plug it off. Im maxed out on pics for this thread so I will start a new one with some pics with center console removed. It all can be done with a few tools and a cutoff saw or grider to mod the base plate.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

that is a nice shifter setup the only poss.annoyance to me would be that the shifter sits to high in the console instead of down along side you thigh are like most other floor mounted shifters.

Maybe I shoud take some pis with me in it and the shifter in gear. When you put the shifter in drive, it comes down and back a fair amount. I find it's in the perfect position to have your forearm resting on the counsel and your hand on the shifter everywhere I drive.

Nice work!

I see you will be challenging the FLT 65E as well :cheers:

Is that a custom battery relo or a "kit"??? Any info would be appreciated! :chevy:

Hey Rambo. Did you get your monster of a 408 from TSP? That thing is going to be a beast with all the spray. I thought my cam was big!

For the battery relocate, you can just get a stock dmax tray and bracket from the dealer or junkyard. I fabed mine out of the stock tray and some scrap metal I had laying around. I used 1/0AWG four the hot and ran it back to the fuse block. I ran the negative in the same size wire to the block. The alt wire has also been upgraded. The grounds from the body, frame, and bracket for my 50 amp fans are all 1/0AWG wire, and they mount to the alt bracket.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

Maybe I shoud take some pis with me in it and the shifter in gear. When you put the shifter in drive, it comes down and back a fair amount. I find it's in the perfect position to have your forearm resting on the counsel and your hand on the shifter everywhere I drive.

hell yeah pics would be good,so it sounds like its very comfortable to shift and use.

Hey Rambo. Did you get your monster of a 408 from TSP? That thing is going to be a beast with all the spray. I thought my cam was big!

Not yet boss. I have some last minute changes as well.

For the battery relocate, you can just get a stock dmax tray and bracket from the dealer or junkyard. I fabed mine out of the stock tray and some scrap metal I had laying around. I used 1/0AWG four the hot and ran it back to the fuse block. I ran the negative in the same size wire to the block. The alt wire has also been upgraded. The grounds from the body, frame, and bracket for my 50 amp fans are all 1/0AWG wire, and they mount to the alt bracket.

Awesome thank you for the info. I am fabbing up a custom dedicated fuel system and need a place to mount it. I think that will be the ideal spot and am just swamped making all the little custom pieces,...I want a bolt in for a change! :P

Keep us all posted on your build. I was ever so close to doing a very similar set-up. I can't wait to see your impressions of your set-up. Do you have any concerns for the little 65E? :uhoh:

Not yet boss. I have some last minute changes as well.

Awesome thank you for the info. I am fabbing up a custom dedicated fuel system and need a place to mount it. I think that will be the ideal spot and am just swamped making all the little custom pieces,...I want a bolt in for a change! :P

Keep us all posted on your build. I was ever so close to doing a very similar set-up. I can't wait to see your impressions of your set-up. Do you have any concerns for the little 65E? :uhoh:

Yes I am more than worried about my 65E. My plan is to see what i can do with P1sc-1/4L65e combo and go from there. So you going to mount your fuel cell there to feed your wet shot?