Headers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could run shorties or mids

If I run shorties or mids, am I sacrificing any gains?... this truck is my daily driver and I want to make it as efficient as possible so I run into as few problems as possible... If I find someone who can hook me up and pass me on smog then I will definitely go with the Dynatechs, but if I can't, will shorties or mids be that big of an impovement compared to the stockers? I would like to keep my truck legal especially since last night was the first time I drove home with a cop behind me and he didn't even pull me over for anything...lol... thanks for the help

If I run shorties or mids, am I sacrificing any gains?... this truck is my daily driver and I want to make it as efficient as possible so I run into as few problems as possible... If I find someone who can hook me up and pass me on smog then I will definitely go with the Dynatechs, but if I can't, will shorties or mids be that big of an impovement compared to the stockers? I would like to keep my truck legal especially since last night was the first time I drove home with a cop behind me and he didn't even pull me over for anything...lol... thanks for the help

You would be better off woth the stock manifold, as they flow really well and you will have zero sound/performance gains from the shorty headers

You would be better off woth the stock manifold, as they flow really well and you will have zero sound/performance gains from the shorty headers

that's what I thought... how do you get away with LT's and deleted cats?? That's exactly what I would like to do, but I think I would at least have to have high flow cats up here to even have a chance to get it by cops... i'm pretty sure the cops up here in the BAY would have no problem getting on the ground to check why my truck is so loud just so they can impound it

that's what I thought... how do you get away with LT's and deleted cats?? That's exactly what I would like to do, but I think I would at least have to have high flow cats up here to even have a chance to get it by cops... i'm pretty sure the cops up here in the BAY would have no problem getting on the ground to check why my truck is so loud just so they can impound it

easy, keep your truck looking sharp and draw the attention away from the sound :D . . . .i havent had any problems wth the cop for my truck being loud, only cuz of my tint :cool:

easy, keep your truck looking sharp and draw the attention away from the sound :D . . . .i havent had any problems wth the cop for my truck being loud, only cuz of my tint :cool:

yeah they got me on my tint too and made me peel it off right then and there :( ... well I was just informed by a coworker that up here in oakland and san jose, the cops have been makin' people pop their hoods and if they find anything illegal, they take your ride and auction it off after they correct the problem I presume :uhoh: ... i think i may still get some LT's and weld them up nice with the cats because my truck is already pretty loud with the stock headers, cats, and an electronic cut out on one pipe and a flowmaster muffler on the other... will that yield any sound improvement??

lol... yes unfortunately I do... I love it here but the laws here prevent alot of creativity when trying to make your truck a one off custom... I should have stayed in Dallas which I lived in for about a year until someone had to be a hater and shoot me and the truck... It seemed like you could do alot more custom mods out in TX... maybe i will return someday... we'll see

nothing unfortunate about living in cal. like i always say nothing good ol' benjamin can't take care of at smog time :thumbs:

100_dollar_bill.jpg

yeah they got me on my tint too and made me peel it off right then and there :( ... well I was just informed by a coworker that up here in oakland and san jose, the cops have been makin' people pop their hoods and if they find anything illegal, they take your ride and auction it off after they correct the problem I presume :uhoh: ... i think i may still get some LT's and weld them up nice with the cats because my truck is already pretty loud with the stock headers, cats, and an electronic cut out on one pipe and a flowmaster muffler on the other... will that yield any sound improvement??

im sure this isnt happening unless you give a cop a reason to look under your hood like breaking the law in some sort.

nothing unfortunate about living in cal. like i always say nothing good ol' benjamin can't take care of at smog time :thumbs:

100_dollar_bill.jpg

lol... yeah that's true, but its more than that... i have had so many ideas for this truck and i just can't do them because of California laws... i should just get a vehicle that will be a show car so that I can do whatever I want to it, but I just can't not drive something I've bought yenno? Don't get me wrong, I love Cali ($hit, its 85 degrees outside right now), but the cops drive me crazy sometimes :mad:

im sure this isnt happening unless you give a cop a reason to look under your hood like breaking the law in some sort.

Yah you would think that and in most cases this is true, but i've been pulled over going the exact speed limit, using my blinkers, and everything else that makes up legal driving. The cop told me he thought I may be involved in gang activity and he wanted to search the vehicle... I see you are in Cupertino. Have you driven around Fremont? The seem to target the younger crowd driving nice vehicles.

ask those ppl in riverside that. Im sure the cops didnt need a reason when the funneled traffic into one lane and did inspections. granted they got alot of rice. Once you pop your hood, they got you too...

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

ask those ppl in riverside that. Im sure the cops didnt need a reason when the funneled traffic into one lane and did inspections. granted they got alot of rice. Once you pop your hood, they got you too...

they have been doing it for a few years now, road side spot checks. about 3 yrs. ago they tested a portable inferred testing machine that would take HC-CO readings as you drive by, :nonod: giving them cause to pull you over as A GROSS POLLUITOR, then the tech. inspections begin...

:seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

sounds like you need to move to New Orleans. I highly doubt that the inspectors at the brake tag stations even know what headers are, much less care if they are legal or not. i have a few friends who have str8 pipes, not cats or muffler, from headers back and they always past the test and get their stickers.

and cops have better things to do that pull people over for having illegal parts. their out taking care of shootings and robberies, but i guess crime is down point down here, along with your house flooding.