Hot New Mods For Yttaf

yttaf

After talking with you while you were doing yttaf's, I think I'll be grinding down a spare screwdriver to make a better tool to get the material in the groove a little easier. Hopefully that will help the process along... I actually didn't think his looked bad at all, just looked harder than it needed to be to poke the material into the seam.

Actually, I have a plastic tool we used to put vinyl graphics on our trucks and trailers- I'm anxious to see how it works tucking the fabric in the slit. I think it'll work tons better than a screwdriver- might keep it from getting wavy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I have a plastic tool we used to put vinyl graphics on our trucks and trailers- I'm anxious to see how it works tucking the fabric in the slit. I think it'll work tons better than a screwdriver- might keep it from getting wavy.

I was thinking of something like that too. I've got tons of "Little Chizzlers" that would probably work well.

I was thinking of something like that too. I've got tons of "Little Chizzlers" that would probably work well.

brad, for the price dr vinyl charges, i would just pay him, save the headache. he told me DO NOT pull the factory cloth off. it makes it easier for him. its the dr vinyl on beaver up in Johnston. 25 bucks a side to me is not worth it, spend your time drinkin a brew or tweakin something else instead of swearing cuss words and praying you dont jab yourself with a screwdriver. and by theway, he told me a credit card works were to push the cloth in that seam.

Let someone else do it? That's not my style... To hard headed. I've always had a knack for upholstery work though, so we'll see.

time is money is to me, and sometimes professionals are worth the pay. i will attempt just about anything, including a motor, but when i am gonna be beat by something, i will pay.!!!

time is money is to me, and sometimes professionals are worth the pay. i will attempt just about anything, including a motor, but when i am gonna be beat by something, i will pay.!!!

good call! I love to do it all myself but I'm like Chris, just save the time & headache & just pay to have it done, not like $50 is gonna break the bank!!!

brad, for the price dr vinyl charges, i would just pay him, save the headache. he told me DO NOT pull the factory cloth off. it makes it easier for him. its the dr vinyl on beaver up in Johnston. 25 bucks a side to me is not worth it, spend your time drinkin a brew or tweakin something else instead of swearing cuss words and praying you dont jab yourself with a screwdriver. and by theway, he told me a credit card works were to push the cloth in that seam.

The more I think about it- if you left the factory cloth ON, a credit card might not work that bad- it wouldn't be so hard to get in the slot. I'd rather just use the credit card to pay Chris' guy though!

• 2 weeks later...

thread revive:

ok so i got the headliner done yesterday, but the guys at the shop didnt do my visors right. they basically completely rapped the visors, they didnt leave the slit in them for the extra slide out piece and they covered up the mirror on the passanger side. im not really pissed cuz my brother knows everyone there and the owner of the shop is a friend of his.

anyways wat happened to the pics of ur visors??? im probably gonna go back and ask them to fix but i kinda want some pics incase they arent sure how to go about it. also i have the factory sun roof so the peice that covers it didnt get done either but i knew about that cuz he told me he could just paint that cloth cover that slides out but it would've chipped away and he didnt want to paint the handle because it was too close to the sun roof glass. any help is greatly apreciated.

-Rob

thread revive:

ok so i got the headliner done yesterday, but the guys at the shop didnt do my visors right. they basically completely rapped the visors, they didnt leave the slit in them for the extra slide out piece and they covered up the mirror on the passanger side. im not really pissed cuz my brother knows everyone there and the owner of the shop is a friend of his.

anyways wat happened to the pics of ur visors??? im probably gonna go back and ask them to fix but i kinda want some pics incase they arent sure how to go about it. also i have the factory sun roof so the peice that covers it didnt get done either but i knew about that cuz he told me he could just paint that cloth cover that slides out but it would've chipped away and he didnt want to paint the handle because it was too close to the sun roof glass. any help is greatly apreciated.

-Rob

the mirror can be just cut in. there are 4 tabs that it locks into. if you hold you mirror roughly where it goes on the visor, you will feel the holes in the visor and then just line up the tabs and cut the holes. really easy, but yes they should have done it for you. as for the slide out things, i like mine not on there, the reason being is that they will severly chip the paint off sliding in and out. i say leave them off, but its your truck.

can i ask, what did they charge you and what did that include? thanks!!

the mirror can be just cut in. there are 4 tabs that it locks into. if you hold you mirror roughly where it goes on the visor, you will feel the holes in the visor and then just line up the tabs and cut the holes. really easy, but yes they should have done it for you. as for the slide out things, i like mine not on there, the reason being is that they will severly chip the paint off sliding in and out. i say leave them off, but its your truck.

can i ask, what did they charge you and what did that include? thanks!!

oh ok, they charged me $180 from the whole headliner done in black suade and all the plastic pieces painted in black...

hey wat about the roll up for the factory sun roof??? that will have to be deyed(sp) huh???

-Rob

sorry i haven't made a trip back down to fast4poppers house to pick up my visors, so I can't get any pictures of them. I'm stuck on mandatory 6 days a week & don't sound like we are gonna be getting off it anytime soon

oh ok, they charged me $180 from the whole headliner done in black suade and all the plastic pieces painted in black...

hey wat about the roll up for the factory sun roof??? that will have to be deyed(sp) huh???

-Rob

never done a sun roof. i would say dye yes. so this 180, was this including the suede? if so thats dirt cheep.