Jl 10w7

k well i jsut got me some 10w7 and i was wonderin if anyone is runnin these?? or have ran these? i need to find out how im gona make a box for it 2 fit under the seat... i heard ppl were havin to lift the rear seat up like a inch or so... let me know cuz i wana hook it up this week....

i think Holty was or is running the W6's(?), two under his rear seat but he got the stealth bow from JL audio i think and those boxes r really expensive. ur definately gonna have to raise the rear seat for the box and the speakers r gonna have to face out towards ur back cuz those subs r really really deep so they wont fit face up. i wanted those subs but i was told that it wouldnt sound as good good becuz of the limited space under the rear seat and in the cab... :(

-Rob

i wanted those subs but i was told that ... :(

-Rob

I was told similiar with my last truck and wound up with 4 8's that never sounded right either. I just pulled that system out of truck and am gearing up (just ordered another PDX Alpine so I'll have 3 now) and making decisions. I'm scratching my head on subs again and am leaning towards anything JL, especially the JL box or boxe$$$ with W6 10" - but now I'm nervous that running them with Alpine power may not be best.

I have a PDX 1000-1 for subs so surely it's plenty of power....

so Capt what did you wind up going with ?

anyone runnin the JL box with W6 10"?

:nonod: Sorry Bro but there's no possible way 2 make W7's fit under ur seat they need alot of air space 2 even reach the potential thos W7's have. They r a bad ass subs but not for trucks, Your best bet is 2 do a cut-thru bed w/Plastic boot and the box is gonna take alot space or just remove entire back seat, GOOD LUCK Bro :cheers: I'm Runnin a Custom box under seat w/4 JL10''W1's Amp. is a JL Slash 500/1 and no one believes it till they see it, it really thumps, I have 19 Speakers (14 mids/high's, 4 Subs, 1 Mini Bose sub)in all including the BOSE mini sub in the Center console, if it helps anyone out

:nonod: Sorry Bro but there's no possible way 2 make W7's fit under ur seat they need alot of air space 2 even reach the potential thos W7's have. They r a bad ass subs but not for trucks, Your best bet is 2 do a cut-thru bed w/Plastic boot and the box is gonna take alot space or just remove entire back seat, GOOD LUCK Bro

He's right if you want those subs to pound.I used 2 10w7 for awhile they sound awesome.Look @ my sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Iv got 2 W6's under my back seat. Needed to lift it just about 2 inches with a custom box I had built. Btw I started off with the W3's and blew them over and over not even pushing them that hard (might just be bad luck for me) but the W6's hit hard and sound great.