Codes, Codes, And More Codes!

RacerJJ

I removed my intake and got things ready to tune for SD/OL with chpspecial tomorrow and these are the codes I got:

P0102-MAF Circuit Low frequency

P0120-TP System Performance

P0220-APP Sensor 2 Circuit

P1516-TAC Module Throttle Acctuator Position Performance

P2135-Throttle/Pedal position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation

Are these all related to the MAF not hooked up correctly? The truck runs fine. I cleared the codes and unplugged the MAF and only P0102 returned.

Also, where does the IAT sensor go? I couldn't find a place to install the new one. Thanks...

Your stock IAT sensor is in the MAF housing. If you are going to do a seperate location other than the MAF sensor, you will need to drill and tap a spot on the intake tube somewhere. Some like the sensor out as far from the motor as possible and some like it as close as possible to the motor. I have seen guys just drill a hole, insert the sensor and use some silicone sealant to plug the gap.

Your stock IAT sensor is in the MAF housing. If you are going to do a seperate location other than the MAF sensor, you will need to drill and tap a spot on the intake tube somewhere. Some like the sensor out as far from the motor as possible and some like it as close as possible to the motor. I have seen guys just drill a hole, insert the sensor and use some silicone sealant to plug the gap.

Thanks Krambo but the plan is to not use and intake or tube, just run open throttle body. Any ideas for that?

Cool. :cool: I assume you will have a conical air filter on the TB then? You could mount it directly in the intake behind the TB or even in the filter base somehow. Do take pics!!! :cheers:

Since I am drag racing only these days, I wasn't planning on using any filter unless I'm in windy or dusty conditions. I may use on all of the time. The jury is still out on that one. What does the sensor plug into if the stock one was in the MAF? Does it plug into the PCM directly or into the old MAF plug? Thanks.

Since I am drag racing only these days, I wasn't planning on using any filter unless I'm in windy or dusty conditions. I may use on all of the time. The jury is still out on that one. What does the sensor plug into if the stock one was in the MAF? Does it plug into the PCM directly or into the old MAF plug? Thanks.

I'd physically mount the IAT somewhere that will get plenty of airflow, something like directly behind the headlights/etc. If you look at the MAF sensor, you can see two pins that are a separate piece of plastic that was pressed into the MAF housing. If I remember right, it's the brown and white wires??? Confirm that, because I'm going from memory here. I mounted a Ford 5V IAT a while back, but can't remember the wire colors...

I have heard (read) that a couple guys are drilling and installing the IAT right into the manifold itself, near the #8 cylinder :dunno: the theory being that you want to measure the real temperature of the air as it is inside the intake port as close to the chamber as possible. But if you do this you will have to adjust your computer tune as the IAT will see much higher/truer temps due to the relocation, it's not bad just different. Another idea since you are running no air cleaner at all is to install a tthrottle body spacer and mount the IAT into it, just behind the throttle blade. I would still run a small K&N but that's just me...

Mr. P. :)

I have heard (read) that a couple guys are drilling and installing the IAT right into the manifold itself, near the #8 cylinder :dunno: the theory being that you want to measure the real temperature of the air as it is inside the intake port as close to the chamber as possible. But if you do this you will have to adjust your computer tune as the IAT will see much higher/truer temps due to the relocation, it's not bad just different. Another idea since you are running no air cleaner at all is to install a tthrottle body spacer and mount the IAT into it, just behind the throttle blade. I would still run a small K&N but that's just me...

Mr. P. :)

Thanks P. I have a spacer already so I think that may be what I end up doing. Now I just need to figure out the wiring. I may run a small filter too or I may make my own ram air tubes that go into the headlights. All of that will be in the future!