Street Scene Speed Grille Fitment

ok so i got my street scene black chrome speed grille finally. i love the way it looks from a distance but up close it looks like crap. you can see all the clips holding it in and the top says to be zip tied which looks even more like crap. anyone else have any other methods of attaching it? i cut my stock plastic grille out with a dremel which i think is a must since you can see it under it if you keep it.

yes there are two blue zip ties i ran out of black, they will get replaced when i go to work and get black ones. but you can see the black ones too and the clips under and it doesnt fit the sides tight against the grille shell. ugh! haha

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

ok so i got my street scene black chrome speed grille finally. i love the way it looks from a distance but up close it looks like crap. you can see all the clips holding it in and the top says to be zip tied which looks even more like crap. anyone else have any other methods of attaching it? i cut my stock plastic grille out with a dremel which i think is a must since you can see it under it if you keep it.

yes there are two blue zip ties i ran out of black, they will get replaced when i go to work and get black ones. but you can see the black ones too and the clips under and it doesnt fit the sides tight against the grille shell. ugh! haha

man i was gona get these but if its zipties its a nogo for me .............. u should get it painted black :) metallic black at that.... i do like how it looks but if u gota ziptie it that stinks like poopoo

clips hold all of the speed grilles in, except the top of the main grille since the plastic goes all the way back too far for a clip to hold it. so they give you zip ties to hold it. i might get some black chrome door trim to put arond the stock gray plastic grille that exists since its molded all as one i cut the x out and trimmed it flush

I kept my stock grille in. I did not want to cut my grille up. I can't notice the clips on mine, but I did use very small black zip ties on each corner. You can't see the zip ties unless you are really looking for them. If you can find some very small black zip ties and try to find a part of the old grille to attach it too.

Grille looks good though.

black rivets...hmmm....sounds like a very good idea. didnt think of that. im gonna take it apart again anyway. i cant stand when i know there are imperfections. thanks for the input and compliments guys, you rock!

ahhh i also noticed my hood is a little higher on the pass side. lol ill have to lower the stop on that side.

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)