Volts Seem To Be Down After Installing New Battery Wtf?

SSThunder

I noticed my volts were down for weeks so during my last oil chage they checked that and told me I need a new battery. I knew that already so I replaced it myself yesterday. Today my volts are down again on idle. I'm just wondering if my alternator is going bad or maybe my belt is slipping. What do you guys think? I've got over 76K miles on the ss. I'll probably order a new belt tomorrow since it's good to have a backup.

Is there a way I can test the alternator?

take a volt meter and check on voltage out put at the battery. should be 14-14.5 volts. you can also check on the back of your alt. your positive connection should be just a little higher than what you get at the battery, maybe about .3 volts more. if your only getting about 13 volts or less, then check your cable ends for corrosion, clean as necessary. if no change, your voltage regulator is going bad time to replace..

if you decide to take the truck to a place to have it checked when the truck is running, have them also do a load test on your battery..

good luck

:seeya: