Lowering

SS Silv

50 bucks for 2inch drop shackel i recomend bell tech b/c they are adjustable and on a ss just adjust the torsion bars down and have it aligned if needed

I would splurge the $100 for front drop keys myself, but the effect is the same (just lowering stock keys) if all you want is a 1" drop. Get a set of rear drop shackles for $50. Borrow a 7-ton puller from Oreilly's (free). AFA labor, I think Sprayed99 and I have done a best time of 20-mins for the rear shackles, we could probably knock it down to 10 if we actually had TWO sets of tools so we could work in parallel; replacing the front keys would not take but 15-20 mins as well. A first-time wrench can get it all done in under 2-hrs for sure. So if I were paying labor to have this done at an alignment or suspension shop I would pay 1-hr labor tops, plus parts, plus alignment. Don't forget to drill a few holes in the front rubber rebound bumpers, check my post on that if you don't remember, it helps big-time.

Another option, if you are looking for a bona-fide kit, is the Ground Force lowering kit - it uses front keys and rear shackles plus comes with new shocks.

Mr. P. :)

just keep in mind that changing the torsion bar adjustment not only changes the ride height but can change the handeling of the truck because your adjusting the spring rate when you adjust them. lowering the front via torsion bars takes away spring rate and u may feal more body roll in the front and may not like the way the nose will seem to float on high speed cornering. for the bang for the buck the 1 inch front drop keys, rear adjustable hangers a saturday morning on a lift down to the alignment shop after lunch and at the track by supper time. you can do it for under 500 including the parts, alignment and nite at the races.

If I go with lowering the front with torsion bars, could I get a full 1"? If so, how much should I lower the rear with shackels so the truck is even?

Here is a pic of mine with the rear shackles. Not sure if the front has been lowered. No confirmation from the person I bought the truck from, but if you look at both pics you can see a big difference in both front and back height. Mine rides great by the way. Like a car. Hope that helps.

Mine

DSC03339.jpg

Sample pic

silveradoss2.jpg