Truck Stolen

markdamadman

well guys i dont mean to rant but im pretty pissed off right now. about 2 hours ago i left my truck in a busy parkin lot and i come back 20 min later and my truck is gone... called police and filled a report and called insurance and told them whats up. just very pissed off my truck was stolen and not even having it for 5 months. blaaa hope they find it waaaa i cry! :banghead::fart: im very depressed :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.. that really sucks, sorry to hear it. Not a good way to start the weekend. Hope it's found to be in the same shape you left it. I just increased my insurance last week to cover aftermarket stuff I've added. Reading this makes me glad I did.

Whatt....A man...That sucks..No onstar? To be honest I didnt want onstar for that reason. My truck does have but from what I heard it's easily disabled. Me personally I wouldnt want it back. Did you have the GAP insurance?

ya it was stolen from the topanga mall i parked on an end spot went into cpk to visit some friends came out and it was gone... mall security said they remember seeing my ss there no more than 10 prior, its a pretty busy parkin lot but mall security says they have no cameras outside... i do have onstar but i dont pay for the services..hopeuflly they can still locate my car??? if not maybe insurance will give me 27k for a new one? what GAP insurance?

Gap insurance will insure one for the difference between what one would owe on a vehicle and what an insurance company says it's worth. So if you 20,000 and the insuracne is only going to pay out 10,000 then GAP kicks in for the extra 10,000. Every vehicle should have this if it is worth more then what it books for. That way you are not stuck paying the extra 10,000 if the vehicle is wrecked or stolen.

Gap insurance will insure one for the difference between what one would owe on a vehicle and what an insurance company says it's worth. So if you 20,000 and the insuracne is only going to pay out 10,000 then GAP kicks in for the extra 10,000. Every vehicle should have this if it is worth more then what it books for. That way you are not stuck paying the extra 10,000 if the vehicle is wrecked or stolen.

ah gotcha thanks!! i had that on my old truck, but my ss is paid off so i guess i get all the money up front?

ah gotcha thanks!! i had that on my old truck, but my ss is paid off so i guess i get all the money up front?

Correct. Then you would not need the GAP. You will get what the insurance thinks the truck was worth. So try to get it booked high. Good luck and I am sorry to hear that happened.