The Ss Got Its First Track Times

slammedbowtie

ok guys this was the first time i have ever raced at a track and obviously the only times i have run the ss. its an 03 with 50K and black making it a little faster than the others obviously lol. i was kinda nervous. i have an intake, stat, wheatley tune, and exhaust. my best R/T was .529, my best mph was 92.64 and the best time it ran was a 14.606. im proud if it, i figured 14.8. so no complaints here. anyone have any input. thanks rob

no headers yet. just mods listed. next time im gonna pull the headlight, run less gas, drop the spare, and remove the tailgate. yeah by the time me and the other guy got both lights lit up i didnt have time to get perfectly ready by the time the tree started. and i got smoked by a 4-door long bed 4x4 duramax diesel lol

thanks guys. i def need trans work tho. even with the tune im almost redlining in each gear

You should be fine Rob, these trucks still make power when they wind out to the redline....my truck shifts 1-2 at 6000 and 2-3 at 6100. :chevy:

no headers yet. just mods listed. next time im gonna pull the headlight, run less gas, drop the spare, and remove the tailgate. yeah by the time me and the other guy got both lights lit up i didnt have time to get perfectly ready by the time the tree started. and i got smoked by a 4-door long bed 4x4 duramax diesel lol

Those are good times. :cheers: That stock one 14.7 is a fluke. I ran a 14.6 with air intake, tune, and exhaust . When I took my headlight out I ran 14.8xx so it made mine worse. I never took spare and tailgate off but some guys swear by it.

Those are good times. :cheers: That stock one 14.7 is a fluke. I ran a 14.6 with air intake, tune, and exhaust . When I took my headlight out I ran 14.8xx so it made mine worse. I never took spare and tailgate off but some guys swear by it.

I hear ya! Some of the times by these near stock trucks make mine look like a slug. I'd like to run a 14.6, once the conditions are right, and drop a little of the weight in my truck. :chevy: