160 Stat

i got a 160 stat a while ago to go with my tune. ever since i put it in the lower radiator hose has never got hot. the block up to the stat housing is hot and from the stat down its cold. i have removed the heater hose. i have drained the fluid and redid the purge. it still wont get warm. my temp guage is reading correct about 185 and i have insane heat still. could it not be opening still? wouldnt i overheat if it wasnt tho? maybe its a bad stat? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks rob

thats what i would think. but every time i come home from where ever i am. i crawl under the truck and its never hot at all and nothing in it. its warm from the engine heat but no hotter sometimes cold from driving it at night. you can feel the temp difference if you open the hood and feel before and after the stat.

my heat is working and the gauge is reading correct. but that dang hose is cold. it bothers me. since i got the tune for advanced spark because i have a 160 stat. i dont want to mess anything up in the engine if, for some reason its not working. but i swear that hose should be hot.

sorry i guys, thats what my response "ok now what do i do now" meant haha. if its returning to the water pump . i know nothing technical about this stuff. i would think common sense tells me that when it opens the hot fluid should be going through the lower radiator hose