Nbs Programmer/tune

postal07

ive got the edge evolution witch is quit nice, the only downer is u cant set shift points, or eliminated rev limit, other than that its awesome, felt the power gain!!!! www.edgeprodocts.com

Superchips.com

http://www.superchips.com/products.php?pk=...ickups+%26+SUVs

This is what I have, go it before I found this site. I cant compare it to a tune but it does have noticible gains. They have updates online- and can do just about anything you want it to. Plus you can go back to stock before taking it back to the dealer.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

• Update Tuner via the Internet for Latest Calibrations
  • Available Data Acquisition at Flashpaq.com
  • Adjust Shift Points
  • Enhance Shift Firmness
  • Eliminate Speed Limiter
  • Recalibrate Speedo for Larger Tire 28"-40"**
  • Recalibrate Speed for Rear Gear changes, 3.08, 3.31, 3.55, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56, 4.88 & 5.13**
  • Adjust Rev Limits,
  • Choose from Three Available Performance Settings
  • Superchips Tuning will work with Air Intake Filter Kit when stock Mass Air Meter is used, Shorty Headers and Cat Back Exhaust

PERFORMANCE LEVELS

• Performance Tune: Up to 21 HP and 32 foot lbs torque*
  • Performance Tow: Up to 11 HP and 11 foot lbs torque*
  • 87 Octane: Up to 16HP and 17 foot lbs torque*

* Performance varies by application

i couldnt decide what i wanted, the edge products has a heads up display, kinda like pillar pods, i have mine set on functional 4 and i have my mph, rpm, mass air flow%, and the temp of air going to my engine, i like it, changes colors lol easy install, 4 modes of tow, economic, stock, and extreme, prices are similar, the edge is a lil more but its all personal pick

yeah im with art on this one. Handheld tuners cant hold a candle to a PCM tune. there are several on here that do tuning. Zippy, .justin., or I have a wheatley tune. gowheatley.com.

dont waste your time and money with a handheld tuner, get a custom tune for less money and way more power/drivability

Yeah, dude go with a custom tune. I went with a dyno tune on my V-Max and it is a completely different truck. Hand helds are a waste of money. You can customize your truck way more with a custom tune and it is way cheaper than a hand held.

If I would have had this information before I got the superchip I'm sure I would have went with the custom tune. But from what I have seen I have a couple of questions. If the superchip says not to use preformance mode for towing, (I use my truck as a truck and do tow with it) and a custom tune is changing the same computer files just more extreme, that sounds to me like I defiantly should't use a custom tune for towing. I'm sure you can get a tune for towing but I dont want to be restricted on preformance either. I guess I want the best of both worlds. Why cant a custom tuners put their tune on a hand held or sell you the files to upload into your truck with your laptop? If I could easily change a custom tune from preformance to tow there would be no question about it.

if you do get a custom tune, this is why i didnt get one, you wont have your truck for about a week, maybe less idk, but my truck is my daily driver and i cant be without it, there is no doubt custom is the way to go, way cheaper but scence you have a new body style vmax you would have to ship your pcm and tcm, these both need to be tuned, wheatly "quoted" me at 275 and i would be out a truck from thursday to monday, i wasnt able :( but if you can be without your truck do the custom

• 2 weeks later...
If I would have had this information before I got the superchip I'm sure I would have went with the custom tune. But from what I have seen I have a couple of questions. If the superchip says not to use preformance mode for towing, (I use my truck as a truck and do tow with it) and a custom tune is changing the same computer files just more extreme, that sounds to me like I defiantly should't use a custom tune for towing. I'm sure you can get a tune for towing but I dont want to be restricted on preformance either. I guess I want the best of both worlds. Why cant a custom tuners put their tune on a hand held or sell you the files to upload into your truck with your laptop? If I could easily change a custom tune from preformance to tow there would be no question about it.

Still dont have an anwser on this, is it possible?

I believe your tuner can set up the tow/haul mode differently from reg mode. So yes you could have a tow setting with a custom tune.

sorry but thats not true. . . . . you can only change transmission parameters with the tow haul mode (shift firmness/rpm etc) not anything else, so your answer would be no :chevy:

you could always just buy HPtuners and tune it yourself depending on what you want to do that particular day *with the help of a pro tuner Of coarse* but that would be a pain to do I guess