For those who would like more bass with oem radio

darkseed

That's a good adapter...

Another decent alternative, but a bit pricey, is the Infinity Basslink. Self-contained subwoofer and amp, line-level input (speaker wire tap-in right that runs in the rocker panels) RCA input, and will perfectly fit under one side of an extended cab's seat. It isn't meant for winning any ear-busting thumping decibel contests, but it gives some amazing sub-bass that will make you smile as your OEM radio tries to strut its stuff. I keep forgettng that you lucky SS guys have these BOSE systems, so you don't need the BassLink, but us SS wannabees who are here might be interested:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...796&hl=basslink

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FomEiOWqfrF/c...sp?i=108BASSLIN

http://www2.shopping.com/xPC-Infinity_BASSLINK

This probably comes as no surprise to any of you, but I think there is a subwoofer from Bose in the center console under the flip up glove box. I was doing some searching in Crutchfield and they list an "unknown size speaker in center console" as far as speakers that fit an SS. The driver side fronts are 6 3/4", and the extended cab suicide doors are 4x6"'s. Does anyone have visual confirmation of a sub in the center console?

It is kinda strange that you have to turn the treble almost to the floor and bass to the roof, then the volume at about 50% to get any real "spike" out of the bass.

Q Logic generally makes subwoofer boxes (with or without amp) that will fit under our flip up seat in the back. Unfortunately, they do NOT have one available yet...but they are very nice (bolt up like the understeat cargo option). They feature a smooth plastic front and look like it's part of the truck. That's probably the way I'm going to go when one becomes available, hopefully 2 12's with a 900 watt lanzar amp. I've got the underseat storage option (dealer installed) that is nice and all, but I'd rather have more bass.

Anyway, thanks a TON for the link on that, I'd hate to have to give up the audio controls and 6 disk in the dash CD Player just because I can't hook up another amp to the mix!

-Leupy

1) There are 6 1/2's in the front doors.

2) Yes there is a sub in the back of the console, it is a 5" but with a little work a 6" woofer can replace it.

3) Q-Logic probably won't make an enclosure for our trucks, because MTX, JL Audio and a few others all already have boxes out for the Full size trucks. Q-Logic doesn't like to go head to head with Subwoofer companies very often.

BTW, the JL Audio, although pricey, looks and sounds the best, by far.

This probably comes as no surprise to any of you, but I think there is a subwoofer from Bose in the center console under the flip up glove box. I was doing some searching in Crutchfield and they list an "unknown size speaker in center console" as far as speakers that fit an SS. The driver side fronts are 6 3/4", and the extended cab suicide doors are 4x6"'s. Does anyone have visual confirmation of a sub in the center console?

It is kinda strange that you have to turn the treble almost to the floor and bass to the roof, then the volume at about 50% to get any real "spike" out of the bass.

Q Logic generally makes subwoofer boxes (with or without amp) that will fit under our flip up seat in the back. Unfortunately, they do NOT have one available yet...but they are very nice (bolt up like the understeat cargo option). They feature a smooth plastic front and look like it's part of the truck. That's probably the way I'm going to go when one becomes available, hopefully 2 12's with a 900 watt lanzar amp. I've got the underseat storage option (dealer installed) that is nice and all, but I'd rather have more bass.

Anyway, thanks a TON for the link on that, I'd hate to have to give up the audio controls and 6 disk in the dash CD Player just because I can't hook up another amp to the mix!

-Leupy

yes there is a 5 1/4" sub in there, and the doors are 6 1/2"s

I had a JL Stealthbox in my 00 Z71, there is nothing that comes close to this. The box is a coustom fit under the driver side back seat. It has (1) 12in W3 sub.... it's just unreal. I wish I keep the box because I plan to buy a 05 SS when they come out. The basslink is also good, it's only a 10in sub, not as much as the Stelathbox. I have the basslink in my Acura.... the basslink already has the amp attached to it... I think the whole thing cost around $250, the Stelathbox was like 450, plus the amp

Archived