Alarm/remote Start/stereo Guys

The dealer had my truck yesterday and had to drop the trans out again for the rear engine cover leaking....here is the thread:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...=44105&st=0

Now my remote start doesn't work. :mad: The truck starts but shuts right back off when started by remote. It starts/runs fine by key. I am not sure if I should take it back to the dealer or have my stereo guy who installed it make the repairs. I tried cycling the battery by disconnecting it, but it didn't help. Do you guys think I should have the dealer fix this too since they worked on it last? Or should I go right to he expert who installed it for the fix? What do you guys think is wrong?

i agree, have the stereo guy fix it. if he is a decent installer, i would say he wont charge you. Dont go in there lying and sayin it just happened. tell him the truth, we respect that as installers. charges will be minimal, if anything. i say submit it as well, most dealerships will at least meet you in the middle of the bill. my guess is one of 2 things, either it needs to relearn the tach signal, or the passlock needs to be relearned. niether one is a hard thing to do. good luck and keep us informed.

i agree, have the stereo guy fix it. if he is a decent installer, i would say he wont charge you. Dont go in there lying and sayin it just happened. tell him the truth, we respect that as installers. charges will be minimal, if anything. i say submit it as well, most dealerships will at least meet you in the middle of the bill. my guess is one of 2 things, either it needs to relearn the tach signal, or the passlock needs to be relearned. niether one is a hard thing to do. good luck and keep us informed.

I already spoke to my stereo guy, he wants to look at it tuesday afternoon. I filled him in on what happened and his reaction was "damn dealers" LOL. The funny thing is that when my trans shop had the trans out twice prior, I never had this problem......maybe thats because they know what they are doing, unlike the dealer. :dunno:

I already spoke to my stereo guy, he wants to look at it tuesday afternoon. I filled him in on what happened and his reaction was "damn dealers" LOL. The funny thing is that when my trans shop had the trans out twice prior, I never had this problem......maybe thats because they know what they are doing, unlike the dealer. :dunno:

i dont think its the dealer not know what he is doin, i think its the dealerships intentially messin with things they dont understand. they see aftermarket gear and dont understand what it is, or how it works, YET the sales people for the dealerships are always calling us, as installers, to have starters and audio done at the customers requests. OR better yet, now they are installing remote starters from the factory. aint that a bitch! but i give your installer props, he said the same thing i say, DAMN DEALERS!! :)

must have been some sort of key mis-read or something......I started playing with it again tonight after it had a few drive cycles and it is working fine now :dunno:

had to relearn the passlock code is all. the module used rereads the key code everytime you cycle the key. it prolly just had to get caught up and it did. easy enough.

:cheers:

• 7 months later...

Fireman31,

I realize I am diggin up an old post, but my brother in law's wife called me and wants to do remote start on his truck for Christmas. You wouldn't happen to know what bypass kitt you are using would you. I already took your advice and grabbed a 561T