Which Volant For 2006 Gmc Vortec Max

se_shlock

Which CAI part# is correct for my truck? I have a 2006 GMC ext-cab Vortec Max 2wd with the Sierra Performance Package. I have found 2 part numbers depending on which site you go to. One is 15053, which is what the Volant site says for GMC, and the other is 15153 which fits the silverado ss models and other chevys, and I have found a couple of sites that give this as an option when I pick 2006 GMC with 6.0L. Does it matter? I really hope that the 15153 will fit b/c I can get this one with the PowerCore dry filter already installed. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by se_shlock (see edit history)

I talked to Volant when I was looking for my CAI. If I recall correctly the two kits are identical except one contains a new O-ring, and the other makes you re-use an existing one. I would just get the one with the O-ring (the more expensive one).

Mike

I just went ahead and ordered the one for the Silverado SS, it also is the one that pops up for a Sierra Denali with 6.0L. Thanks for your help. Thanks to the forum, I found one with powercore filter at performancecenter.com for $247 shipped.

Edited by se_shlock (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...