Daytona Charger Rt

keebler85

well a guy that i went to school with took his parents daytona rt to his prom...but before it we took it out against the SS...i was suprised cause we lined up from a stop and on the third honk we both took off....i had him from the take off and his front end was at my door up until 90 then i left off...i felt pretty good about it...he was pretty mad and he said i barely had him so it was not really me winning...

yeah i have heard all the excuses. its awd, its automatic, it has more power...blah blah blah i beat you! suck it up! lol

ya i know...a car....that weighs a couple thousand pounds less than my truck...and makes more power...it would have killed me in the top end...but i guess they have some traction control in them that they can be awd as well...i dont know but i will be happy for a while..i looked up the 1/4 mile times and they said like 14.1 or so...so i was thinking i am kinda close to that right? since i beat him and i am pretty sure we were/ if not at a 1/4...

I am slightly surprised you beat him, but know its not impossible. Those chargers weigh about 4,000lb,s they ar eno light weight. They have 340hp and do manage high 13's low 14's depending on awd, rwd, etc. It was probably a drivers race and you beat him off the line and held it. Had the race gone up to 100+mph, he would have crept back up on you. I raced a couple of R/T's with similar mods as you (zippy tune, converter, pace setters, cai, exhaust) and I actually was beat out by a car length or two every time. I ran a 14.6 with those mods though, not a low 14.

• 3 weeks later...
SPORTS car...?!?!

:lol:

Yea I said " A sport car some wut", that means it's kinda like one with the R/T package isn't it, I'm pretty sure it's suspension it's motor Is different due 2 being a R/T package right? it's not a complete sports but it has a motor 2 haul A$$

Yea I said " A sport car some wut", that means it's kinda like one with the R/T package isn't it, I'm pretty sure it's suspension it's motor Is different due 2 being a R/T package right? it's not a complete sports but it has a motor 2 haul A$$

Nope. Basically the same 5.7 thats in the regular r/t, hemi ram, rumble bee ram, daytona ram, daytona charger..and on and on. The same engine with different paint and different price tags. Same performance, although in the charger i think the daytona has an intake bumping it up a whopping 10 hp.