Anybody Running New Low Profile Subs?

I was looking through a magazine today and noticed more and more brands offering these low profile subs. Does anybody run any of these or have heard the subs? I'd like to build my own custom sub box and I'd rather run one or two 12" subs. 10's just don't cut it for me. I've always had 12's in my other systems and I can tell the difference in the bass.

Any brand of low profile subs you guys like?

I'm running two 12" P3s and let me tell ya... I wish I put dynamat under my headliner, it rattles a bit. If you can, I would suggest doing a down fire. I've got mine firing into the seat which I think it might be muffling the bass a little but the girls love it. :cheers:

I'm running two 12" P3s and let me tell ya... I wish I put dynamat under my headliner, it rattles a bit. If you can, I would suggest doing a down fire. I've got mine firing into the seat which I think it might be muffling the bass a little but the girls love it. :cheers:

My last sub box was a down fire box and I liked it a lot.

so nobody else has any info/input to share on these subs?

Here's the subs I know about:

1. 1.) JL audio TW5 Thin-line subs($549)
    2.) Alpine Type-S shallow subs($129-$149)
    3.) Kicker CompVT shallow subs($109-$169)
    4.) Kenwood Exceleon flat subs($179-$199)
    5.) Pioneer TS shallow subs($129-$149)

Have you guys heard any of these subs in person? I'm sure the JL's are good but, dam $549!!

Why run a thin mount when standard subs will fit under the seats? :dunno: Are you trying to get one to fit in the center too or something?

I thought you had to raise the seat to fit a 12" sub box under there. I'd like to run a down-fire dual 12" sub box. If normal 12" subs will fit wihtout raising the seat I'll run that.

I've got a Kicker Solobaric 12L7 sub to fit (after MUCH debate with another member). It doesn't have the recommended space behind the magnet for the vented pole piece to properly cool, but it's been working for over a year in there without issue. If you look at it, you can raise the bottom section of the rear seat just over an inch or so without unlocking it, and that what the L7 box requires. Not really raising the seat, just taking the slop out of it really. Doesn't change the comfort of it either as I have ridden back there for 3+ hours while my wife drove.

A "normal" series sub should fit fine, such as Kicker Comp series or something similar. I know I had the old old old round series Kicker Solobaric sub in there before the L7 square one and it fit without any problems what so ever. I have a 12" Alpine type R and it's to tall to fit... just search around for mounting depths and you should find a regular sub that will fit.