Towing With A Lowered Sss?

I towed a boat with mine once, I have a 4" drop in the back. It was just sitting on the bump stops the whole time. I got a tuned pcm and I said "no towing" so I took off the hitch reciever so no more towing for me. It did good though, no problems getting it in and out of the water. It was a heavy ass boat too

i do just fine with a 2/2 drop...i tow all the time

PIC-0107.jpg

Any more pics of your truck? It's hard to see how the drop looks- I'm wondering if it's measurably lower than mine?truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

i think ours is about the same...i turned the keys down over an inch and 2" shackles in the back

DSCN1310.jpg

MyTruck003-2.jpg

I think you're right...Mine has about the right rake unloaded, but with the car behind it a bit lower in rear than I'd like. I cranked the front down about an inch, and the rear is stock. Maybe I ought to quit worrying about it. :D

I think you're right...Mine has about the right rake unloaded, but with the car behind it a bit lower in rear than I'd like. I cranked the front down about an inch, and the rear is stock. Maybe I ought to quit worrying about it. :D

yeah just keep a lil less tongue weight and you will be fine....i try and keep the cars a lil more towards the back of the trailer....pulls better that way also :cheers:

I tow a 5k lb Travel Trailer around during the summer. Get yourself a Husky Round Bar Weight Distribution Hitch, or similar, and your problem will go away.

:withstupid:

it's a very good investment for anyone who tows. it also helps put weight back on your front wheels, great for stopping and turning properly on wet/dry roads :cheers:

:seeya: