Pcm Problems

TruckinSS05

Ok heres the story..... Had a 60 amp draw on the battery from the HVAC Control Module which the Dealership repaired by installing a new HVAC Control Module. When I recieved the truck back I immeditaly noticed that it not only was shifting differently but it seemed like it had lost power. :(:(:( So the first thing that came to my mind was they flashed the PCM back to stock. So I called pcmforless.com in Mooresville, NC and they said they would tune it again with the same tune I had performed originally...execpt this time I asked for a more aggressive tune with a 160 thermostat. After getting the retuned pcm back and the new 160 thermostat i install the thermostat and the pcm. :cheers: Unfortunaly the shifting is not at all as firm as it was when I first had my SS tuned and it does not seem to have quite as much power as it did. :confused::confused::confused: So after that mouthful my question is this... when I installed the pcm i did not unplug the battery cable before taking or putting it back in. Would This make a difference in the performance of my truck? :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh: I also would like some suggestions on what you guys/gals think I should do to correct this issue. :sigh::sigh: Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanking in advance,

Truckin :thumbs:

yeah the battery mess up could have screwed stuff up IMO...try and unhook the battery and uninstall and reinstall the PCM and see if that helps...if not call PCM4less and explain what it is doing..you may have killed the tune with that mistake.

yeah the battery mess up could have screwed stuff up IMO...try and unhook the battery and uninstall and reinstall the PCM and see if that helps...if not call PCM4less and explain what it is doing..you may have killed the tune with that mistake.

I have already called pcmforless and explained what the truck was doing. She said the battery cable not being unhooked probably did not mess anything up as long as the key was not in. I will try and unhook the battery cable and reinstall the pcm. Will keep everyone updated. Oh btw the first time I had the truck tuned it did not take any time for the tune to set in. Just FYI.

yeah it really shouldnt take a few hundred miles...you should notice it immediatley..things like shifting firmness and performance will be noticed immediatly..now maybe overtime it may improve with driving but i dunno..I have made tweaks at a track and noticed a difference immediatly not a couple hiundred miles later

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

yeah it really shouldnt take a few hundred miles...you should notice it immediatley..things like shifting firmness and performance will be noticed immediatly..now maybe overtime it may improve with driving but i dunno..I have made tweaks at a track and noticed a difference immediatly not a couple hiundred miles later

:withstupid: but it does fell better after driving it for a while too

:withstupid: but it does fell better after driving it for a while too

^^ That is what I meant.....you will feel it as soon as you install it, but the improvements will be more noticeable the more you drive it. :chevy:

I hear rodatrip...nothin like some quality SS time...lol

Well here is the update. The shifting is not improved at all after disconnecting the battery cable and reinstalling the pcm. I connected the battery cable back after installing the pcm. I now have another problem. The temp. gauge on the cluster now sits on 160 and does not move. If you cut the engine off and wait like two minutes the guage will sometimes go up to 200 and then it falls back to 160. What the hell is going on?? Can someone please help me with both situations??? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Truckin

Well here is the update. The shifting is not improved at all after disconnecting the battery cable and reinstalling the pcm. I connected the battery cable back after installing the pcm. I now have another problem. The temp. gauge on the cluster now sits on 160 and does not move. If you cut the engine off and wait like two minutes the guage will sometimes go up to 200 and then it falls back to 160. What the hell is going on?? Can someone please help me with both situations??? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Truckin

Well as usual. No help. :sigh: