2010 Motor Trend

they are dragging their feet on this alittle but with the American auto industry as it is right now, I would rather them get it right in the first year of production with minimal issues to iron out for the following year than rush it out and have some issues that cause the car to tank and become THE most overhyped pile of junk in years.

It's already the most overhyped car to enter the market in years. I too want to see the general get it right, but they started hinting to an '09 Retro Camaro in '05 when the new 'stang hit.

yeah i know draggin ass isnt the word for it. well R&D had to redesign the drive train cuz it was supposed to be front wheel drive i think thats what slowed production. but yeah they want the ss to compete with the GT500. they say at least 500 ponies!

The reason they are dragging their feet is because they have to,when they closed the st. therese plant that made the camaro/firebird they had a contract with that plant to always manufacture the camaro and firebird at that location,unless they ceased production of the cars for no less than 7 years.2002 + 7 years means no camaro until 2010.