Gas

shawnp

No $h!t, E85 in an SS? any difference in power or any noise or black smoke? isan't E85 105 octane?

Nice peppy feel to it, almost like when I added the cooler stat and/or on a cool morning when there's no heat soak and some extra timing. I added 2-3 degrees to the base tables and 1-3 on cruise areas above that. No drawbacks at all. Premium tune I was getting 15.7 MPG average (keeping a log, not using DIC) and E85 tune has been as high as 18.3, but is settling into a high 17's on average. EDIT: I just calculated it out, at current prices I'm saving over 5 cents per mile!!! I still can't go WOT though due to still running the stock injectors at 126% duty cycle at around 5000 RPM. No more of that until the 42's get installed.

The real power increase will come when I run my L92 heads at 11.2:1 compression on E85. :driving: Depending on where you get it, E85 can carry an octane rating of 100-110. The stuff I run is 105 I believe.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Nice peppy feel to it, almost like when I added the cooler stat and/or on a cool morning when there's no heat soak and some extra timing. I added 2-3 degrees to the base tables and 1-3 on cruise areas above that. No drawbacks at all. Premium tune I was getting 15.7 MPG average (keeping a log, not using DIC) and E85 tune has been as high as 18.3, but is settling into a high 17's on average. EDIT: I just calculated it out, at current prices I'm saving over 5 cents per mile!!! I still can't go WOT though due to still running the stock injectors at 126% duty cycle at around 5000 RPM. No more of that until the 42's get installed.

The real power increase will come when I run my L92 heads at 11.2:1 compression on E85. :driving: Depending on where you get it, E85 can carry an octane rating of 100-110. The stuff I run is 105 I believe.

is that RON researched octane rating or MOR motor octane rating?