Is There Enough Back Pressure?

I have a 4.8l silverado. Im not a posing, just an admirer. I was thinking about getting pacesetter long tube headers, take the cats off, put an x-pipe, and run 2 flowmaster one chambers dumped. I was thinking also of making all the piping 3". Do yall think there is enough back pressure so that I dont lose torque?

i have a single 3in stainless mandrel bent w/ magnaflow 4in x 9in oval muffler, center inlet, offset exit on my 5.3 that exits before the pasenger tire with a 4 in tip that sounds meen as hell, trust me, a single 3in pipe is all your truck needs, dual 3 in pipes are for built motors around 500 plus, and a single pipe promotes a broader torque curve. If your stuck on duals, get a 3in inlet to 2x2.5in outlets. also the smaller the muffler, the louder it will be. Muffler shape determines what kind of sound produced. A round muffler will sound more tuner car-ish, where ovals sound more v8-ish (take this with a grain of salt, we all have v8s, i hope lol). Also longer mufflers tend to sound deeper and quieter, where shorter mufflers tend to sound more muscle car. And last, i've heard, but dont qoute me on it, that a mandrel bend 2.5in pipe flows the same as a 3in crush bend, and i would believe it.

note about duals: get an x pipe, or x pipe muffler! x pipes located closer to the headers promote top end power, moved back they promote bottom end power, the only problem with this is unequal length primaries off of the headers. This is why i'm going to fab a set of equal length 2.5in stainless steel primaries with a burns stainless y pipe going into my current setup. oh ya, and a set of dynatech headers when i get the $$$

and i just have to say, u have a clean truck, how hard was it to paint your mirrors and bumper

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

i have a single 3in stainless mandrel bent w/ magnaflow 4in x 9in oval muffler, center inlet, offset exit on my 5.3 that exits before the pasenger tire with a 4 in tip that sounds meen as hell, trust me, a single 3in pipe is all your truck needs, dual 3 in pipes are for built motors around 500 plus, and a single pipe promotes a broader torque curve. If your stuck on duals, get a 3in inlet to 2x2.5in outlets. also the smaller the muffler, the louder it will be. Muffler shape determines what kind of sound produced. A round muffler will sound more tuner car-ish, where ovals sound more v8-ish (take this with a grain of salt, we all have v8s, i hope lol). Also longer mufflers tend to sound deeper and quieter, where shorter mufflers tend to sound more muscle car. And last, i've heard, but dont qoute me on it, that a mandrel bend 2.5in pipe flows the same as a 3in crush bend, and i would believe it.

note about duals: get an x pipe, or x pipe muffler! x pipes located closer to the headers promote top end power, moved back they promote bottom end power, the only problem with this is unequal length primaries off of the headers. This is why i'm going to fab a set of equal length 2.5in stainless steel primaries with a burns stainless y pipe going into my current setup. oh ya, and a set of dynatech headers when i get the $$$

and i just have to say, u have a clean truck, how hard was it to paint your mirrors and bumper

I think im still going to go with duals but with 2.5 inch piping. Thanks for the complement about my truck. I had the bumpers painted for 300 and the mirrors for 75. I took all of the bumpers and mirros off to save labor cost lol