Pics Of My New Project [fbody]

Quik

well i recently purchased a 98 trans am drop top. i always wanted a 99 30th aniversary trans am convertible. so instead of buying one. for some oddreason they are holding their value i deciede im going to build a replica but with a touch to it.

the car will stay with the black top for now. im going with the Ws9 outlaw hood by VFN. its a 3" ws6 hood with firehawk heat extractors. I plan to paint the two tone aniversary stripes on it. I also plan to do the Ceta panel in blue. now as for the wheels. i was going to run either C6 or C6 Z06 wheels with blue tint just like the 30th ta wheels. i was thinking of running the 18 or 19 combo for the size. Since this shell is bare im going to run probably all Spoon tubular suspension front and rear. I plan to run a ford 9" with about 4.56 gears. as for motor it will probably be a 11.1 or 11.5 cr 6litre with ported LS6 heads and fast 90/92 combo. as for cam it will be the proven TREX, will use kooks 1 7/8 Lts with true dual 3" with X and 4 magnaflow resonators. will be backed by a T56 and i plan on using the two tone leather as similar to the

30th TAs had. i also will be upgrading to the better 99+ wiring thruout the entire car. Plan on doing the 4pth roll bar

here some pics of how it sits

OutlawWs9001.jpg

OutlawWs9002.jpg

OutlawWs9003.jpg

OutlawWs9004.jpg

OutlawWs9005.jpg

OutlawWs9006.jpg

now this is a pic of what i plan to make it look similar to [now these are not pics of my car but a car im going to make similar to]

435130_1_full.jpg

75.jpg

dan25ru4.jpg

cddd_3.jpg

youll noticed in the pic of the 30th pace car it has the blue ceta

heres a a couple pics i found of the WS9 outlaw

img_1396.jpg

img_1395.jpg

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

looks like a good and fun project to do. It should be pretty wicked when done.

thats what i would like it to be a fun car when all done and not a headache. hopefully be time its finished [summer 09] gas prices arent to out rageous. i like my truck but im tired of it. i wont get rid of it but just tired of working and putting money into it. i should of left it stock!

sound like its going to be a nice build up! it will look good next to your white/blue truck for sure

yea thats the point lol. might do my 1000rr the same color combo as well. hopefully gas prices wont be to high when its finished that way i can take the silverado and the TA to te car shows and park them next to eachother

cool project, the only thing i hate about my f body is working on the engine. i dont know if t/a are the same but id assume they are and the engine is tucked so far back its a pita to do any engine work like headers or heads and cam. which i what i really want on mine but wont . just becasue i need it to be 100% reliable and it put down 330/350 rwhp on a mustang dyno with nothing but a cai and slp lm. with the m6 and 4.10's is a blast to drive.

as for tires and wheels i think the 18/19 look hot and if you do them please run a 335 out back these things look wicked with meats. i just ordered a new set of 17's for my ss. 17x9.5 and 17 x 11 fikse fm5's with goodyear 275 and 315 rears . those rims are frickin $$$ but light as hell

any who good luck man.

as for tires and wheels i think the 18/19 look hot and if you do them please run a 335 out back these things look wicked with meats. i just ordered a new set of 17's for my ss. 17x9.5 and 17 x 11 fikse fm5's with goodyear 275 and 315 rears . those rims are frickin $$$ but light as hell

I didn't think the 315 or 335 fit a 'vert??? :confused: At least without modification.

I didn't think the 315 or 335 fit a 'vert??? :confused: At least without modification.

it should clear an 11 wide rim or 315 tire. the t/a are a bit more forgiving on running a wider tire. with the camaro's it barely fits . i dont know how much different the verts are in the rear wheel wells though.

it should clear an 11 wide rim or 315 tire. the t/a are a bit more forgiving on running a wider tire. with the camaro's it barely fits . i dont know how much different the verts are in the rear wheel wells though.

well i plan to roll the lips and use teh BFH mod to make clearances. i have intentions of least 315s. i been kicking idea of running the z06 rear wheels with tires. 19x12 with 325s on rear