Anyone Into Disc Golf?

ShortBus

I just recently discovered the sport. I know you west coast folks have had it for years,but it's just getting big out here now. I then found out that no one in the town I live in sells the damn stuff. So since I had some extra room at the bike shop I brought in 500 discs from 3 different companies. # weeks later I've sold 150 of them so far! I'm not ever gonna get rich doing it but it is fun to see the ppl out on the course throwing the stuff. Let me know if you guys need anything from Innova, Discraft or Gateway.

Hell yeah I used to play a lot when I lived in Virginia. I won the gold medal in the Commonwealth games for my age group 3 years in a row. But there was only like 4 people in my group each year. They just built a course down here where I live but I dont have my discs anymore so I havent went to check it out. My dad got me into it and he still plays. Its fun

We have a Disk Golf course out here at my children's camp... When I was a camper I used to play all the time, not so much now though... Still lots of fun, but I'm more of an ultimate frisbee kinda guy.

Me and my friends go play often. Luckily its not hot yet. She has a couple discs but the city built the damn course by a creek and I will have to end up buying her more eventually. I'm getting better but im no champion.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

never heard of it :dunno:

Same as regular golf Dan...except instead of a club and balls you throw a frisbie into a basket and you have pars for each hole...and it even has different frisbies that do different things..like there is a fribie known as a putter and there are frisbies designed to hook to the right or left and drivers for distance..etc...

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Jeeze Dan... No Frisbee Golf.......

Same as regular golf Dan...except instead of a club and balls you throw a frisbie into a basket and you have pars for each hole...and it even has different frisbies that do different things..like there is a fribie known as a putter and there are frisbies designed to hook to the right or left and drivers for distance..etc...

AHAAAAAAAAAAA! I read you loud and clear now, you are talking about playing "Frolf". Now that you describe it, a certain episode of Seinfeld comes to mind.

Were you kept in the basement for your childhood?

LOL,I don't have a basement Alex. :P We play normal games here in NY including normal bowling LOL. :jester:

i live on a golf course and play both disc golf and golf. im also a major bedroom golf enthusiast. any who i have a disc golf hole that i built to set up in the back . im only into it during the winter months usually since its so dam hot here in the summer. but im not the best but i dont suck . i average a one or two under on disc golf. i have a full line up of innova star and champion disc's.

and btw brad im not a stoner. i do notice half the hippies that play though are lighting up doobs every which way. but that doesent help playing ability and id rather play good than get a buzz.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)