Local E85 Promotion

SS_bnoon_SS

Good luck finding E85 around here. :ughdance: 93 octane is $4.25 per gallon here now. :banghead:

Yeah, only 3 stores come up in NY state (more are there, the site is slow to update sometimes).

Hannacroix New Baltimore Travel Plaza Exit 21B Coxsackie

West Babylon Vogelbilt 1200 Wellwood Ave

Albany Campus Mobil Western Ave

I can send you a barrel or two! :jester:

I know this may be a dumb question, but can you really just put e85 in? And it will run just fine? I always thought you needed bigger injectors and a special fuel pump...

No, you can't just put it in. You need a tune and possibly larger injectors. No special fuel pump needed, but a tank sensor would be a nice touch if you plan to switch back to regular gas now and again... Or some newer code from an '07 with a "virtual" alcohol sensor.

What your MPG w/E85??

I hear it is really inefficiant? there is not very many btu's in e-85. Not sure?

Thank's Danny

MPG has actually gone up from a tune optimized for 93 octane! I had 15.x and am at 17.7 right now over the last 6 tanks with mostly city driving! I think it's from the extra timing I'm able to run with full E85 in the tank.

Well that's all fine and good but when I'm paying $5 for a loaf of bread I'm gonna hate you. :jester:

Mr. P.

They still make cow feed out of the corn used in ethanol production, so it's effect on food grain is minimal. It's the first good thing to happen to grain farmers in a loooooooooooooong time.

If it's anything like other grain related products, it will be cheaper here in Iowa anyway. So how about I sell you some for $3.50? :lol:

If it's anything like other grain related products, it will be cheaper here in Iowa anyway. So how about I sell you some for $3.50? :lol:

I dont know, I live 15mi, from an oil refinary, I live in a state that pumps out 200,000 barrels of oil a day. And we still pay some off the highest gas prices in the country.

We cant get ethanol in Alaska, yet :confused: . But I am Intrested, I could run Soo much boost!! :D . Glad to hear your MPG went up! .......You Loose performance.? guess not?

Most people around here think Ethanol is a big joke. Dont know where they get there info.?

I would rather pay the $5 for bread, then $5 gas. ( I can live without bread! ) LOL :jester:

~Danny

Edited by Riddler (see edit history)