Cutout Placement?

For maximum effect, if you have hearders, run them right after the collector. You will have to tune for maximum power however. Perhaps have the tune set to engage with the tow button.

Please elaborate on the tow button tune? Sounds sneaky!

Please elaborate on the tow button tune? Sounds sneaky!

i belive it can be setup using tuning software to switch a to slightly diff tune. atleast shift points. maybe justin can chime in here.

Ideally you want the cutouts as close to the collectors as possible, BUT you must be downstream of the front O2 sensors long enough so that they will not see fresh air between cylinder firings - if you put the cutouts *right* behind the front O2's then between exhaust pulses the fresh air from the atmosphere will rush back into the empty exhaust system and the O2's will see this fresh air and mistakenly report a lean condition to the PCM. So I would mount the cutouts a couple feet down-wind of the O2s, like near the position of the factory rear O2's.

Tow-Haul Button - all it does is change shift points, shift pressures, torque management settings, and converter lockup behavior. The only reason IMO to use the tow-haul button this way is to have your street tune set to use 25-35% torque management and "normal" torque converter clutch settings, then when the T/H button is engaged run zero torque management and set the converter to stay locked-up between shifts (provided you have an aftermarket converter which can take this abuse). The tow-haul button does not change any engine settings in your PCM tune at all - spark and fueling remain the same.

Mr. P.

Ideally you want the cutouts as close to the collectors as possible, BUT you must be downstream of the front O2 sensors long enough so that they will not see fresh air between cylinder firings - if you put the cutouts *right* behind the front O2's then between exhaust pulses the fresh air from the atmosphere will rush back into the empty exhaust system and the O2's will see this fresh air and mistakenly report a lean condition to the PCM. So I would mount the cutouts a couple feet down-wind of the O2s, like near the position of the factory rear O2's.

Mr. P.

If they're placed in the position above, won't the PCM generate catalyst efficiency codes?

If they're placed in the position above, won't the PCM generate catalyst efficiency codes?

Depends; if you mount the cutouts in front of the cats (it's best place to put them) then no I don't believe it will generate any codes because the rear O2's are not exposed to outside air. OTOH if you mount the cutouts behind the cats, which is a complete waste of cutouts IMO, then you have to mount them downstream enough so as to not introduce fresh air to the rear O2 sensors between exhaust pulses - the good news here is that because the cats smooth and dampen the exhaust flow so much you might only need less than a foot of pipe rather than almost a couple feet to give enough distance to prevent the rear O2's from "seeing" the outside atmosphere between exhaust pulses.

I would use a setup like what Stainless Works does for the TBSS - relocate the driver's side cat to underneath the transmission pan and that allows for placement of a cutout on the driver's side ahead of the cat, and relocate the passenger cat rearward so you can fit a cutout ahead of the cat on the passenger side too. My $0.02.

Mr. P.

Mount them about 4 feet past the collector, Your going to lose low end torque but gain a higher hp. So what i do is open them up about half way thru first gear when running on the track so i can launch good still and then gain some horses to pull me down the track. From the test results look like i drop a tenth in the 1/4 I still need to test this theory some more tho