Drop Kit

ok i sent a few pm's out. i tried searching i know there were way more threads about drop kits a few months ago. there are only 2 pages on suspension/brake tech?? anyway i have an 03 awd, i wanted a 3-4 drop but i dont want to mess with driveline issues or rubbing. i think im gonna go with a 2-3 drop. i would have no problems with 22's 305/40/22 correct? spindles up front and i was going to go with shackles/hangers out back, but maybe im thinkin leafs? any input would be much appreciated and part numbers would be cool too cuz belltechs site sucks! lol thanks, rob

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok fellers. this is what i gather. please correct me, or add any info. i want a 2/3 drop. if i go with the belltech spindles (#2508) that will give me a 2" drop up front. and if i go with the belltech 2wd leafs (#5952) i will have about a 4" total drop out back? i was going to go with shackles hangers but leafs seem to be a better method? and i will have no problems with 22's and might possibly have to lower the front a little more to level it out? sound good?

ok fellers. this is what i gather. please correct me, or add any info. i want a 2/3 drop. if i go with the belltech spindles (#2508) that will give me a 2" drop up front. and if i go with the belltech 2wd leafs (#5952) i will have about a 4" total drop out back? (yes) i was going to go with shackles hangers but leafs seem to be a better method? (some people say, im going whit shackles/hangers) and i will have no problems with 22's and might possibly have to lower the front a little more to level it out? ( depends on your backspacing and tire size but you should be fine, and yes the front may need to be dropped alittle to even out) sound good? (yup)

[/color]

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

thanks so tech i guess im lookin at a 3/4 if i go that route. damn. i cant go to low, its my daily driver and winter vehicle. if its too low im in trouble and it wont be my winter vehicle again and my dad will kick my butt!!! like my last truck lol

thanks so tech i guess im lookin at a 3/4 if i go that route. damn. i cant go to low, its my daily driver and winter vehicle. if its too low im in trouble and it wont be my winter vehicle again and my dad will kick my butt!!! like my last truck lol

it's really not that low, but what do i know my trucks sits in the garage all winter long... :D

Cars sit lower to the ground that a 3/4 dropped ss does! So I don't see how it would be a problem?

Edited by yttaf (see edit history)

im just worried about other problems i might encounter by droppin it and it will be even lower in the winter cuz i will be running the stock wheels. plus do i need shocks and new rear bump stops?

and the 3" drop leafs i hear are more like a 4" drop. belltechs site says there spindles are made for 2 or 3 inch drop. so instead of lowering the torsion bars i could tech get the 3 inch spindles. idk

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

I never heard of 3" drop spindels. Also if you want you can get shackles/ hangers and use the bottom hole on the shackles for 3" of drop in the rear and the spindel for 2" in the front. Oh and you will need new shocks in the rear whit a 4" drop and will need to cut the bumpstops and mount them to the frame.

sorry for the late reply. Yeah the leafsprings will give more of a 4" drop and if you go this route, you'll need to turn the torsions to even it out. I'd suggest doing shocks while your at it because mine blew out due to it being compressed more than it should. Just for safety measures ya know? and you should be fine in the winter. Last winter I drove my ss daily on the stock 20s with stock sized winter tires with no problems what so ever, and I live in ALASKA! I can tell you right now that the install for the leaf springs will be easier than the shackles and hangers. Its pretty much just take out and replace. But definitely remove the stock bumpstop+mounting bracket and mount the new bumpstop directly to the frame. Let me know if you have any more questions.

thanks for the replies, i feel like a nemb, but i really appreciate it! this is from belltechs site. "Belltech’s Dropped Spindles offer a 2 and 3 inch drop" whatever that means. ok so 2" spindles up front, and "3" drop leafs out back. shocks and relocate bump stops in rear. (no biggy) do i need to purchase anything for correcting the driveshaft angles?

sweet! now shocks, i have been reading the threads on this. all 2 pages haha. i was thinkin the edelbrock ias but it seems no one can get a def part number. i might be interested in the belltech street performers maybe. idk any part numbers for the 2/3 or 3/4 drops?

(my other truck had nitro drop shocks and djm lowering shocks after blowing 2 sets out with a 4/6 drop. so im stayin away from them lol)

yttaf you used stock height ones right?

ok i just got this off the application guide, can anyone confirm this.

belltech street performance:

rear shocks for a 2-4" drop #2212FF

front shocks for a 0-4" drop #310400

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)