Whats The Benifit Of Putting A 2wd Ss Rear End In My 05 Rcsb 5.3l

So my buddy has a couple SS rear ends laying around and i have been thinking of putting one on my truck because when it rains down here i usally have no traction i just start slipping all over the place! So how hard would the swap be?? what be needed for the swap??? also what are the pros and cons??

well the diff swap isnt going to help the slipping in the rain because you dont have traction control. but the RWD SS has a much larger rear end 9.5" 14 bolt and is MUCH stronger than your current diff

well the diff swap isnt going to help the slipping in the rain because you dont have traction control. but the RWD SS has a much larger rear end 9.5" 14 bolt and is MUCH stronger than your current diff

is it just a simple swapor would i need alot of parts to get it done?

is it just a simple swapor would i need alot of parts to get it done?

im not 100% sure but you could just bolt it right up with the correct u clamps/bolts and depending on what gears you have now you might need to change your tune if they are not 3.73's cuz thats what the RWD SS came with

im not 100% sure but you could just bolt it right up with the correct u clamps/bolts and depending on what gears you have now you might need to change your tune if they are not 3.73's cuz thats what the RWD SS came with

i thought they came with 4.10's :confused:

Well, besides having to get a custom driveshaft, spring and shock mountings, etc (if it doesnt fit, i dont know if it does or not)... The diffs from these sss's are friggin tough as crud. Plus, they have a limited slip from the factory. that means two wheel burnouts suckas.

Really really tough mostly but the LSD helps