What Is A Reasonable Price For A Cam Install

:crazy: I'm not sure how your math works, but even at a shop rate of $75 an hour that's only $600 for 8 hours... How about you give me a grand, I'll install the cam and kick you hard in your sack. Then you can have the same sinking pit in your stomach feeling as if you would have paid 2 grand, but for half the price? :lol:

:withstupid: LMAO. . . .

You gotta figure its about 8 hrs of work and they are going to charge you for all of it... i not sure what the going rate in your area for motor work is but you figure at 30 dollars an hrs for 8 hrs thats 2,400

Ive been quoted 2000 its alot easier to just buy all the parts and do it yourself you learn alot in the process and you save more in the end

2400..<----lol.....Ok here we go 3 x 8 = 24 but since its 30 and not 3 you just add a zero=> 30 x 8 = 240...lol

IMO you can get a full out cam kit set up for around 750-800 bucks and there is no way its 2200 in labor not even if it came with 10 blow jobs...well maybe 10 but not 9..lol

:crazy: I'm not sure how your math works, but even at a shop rate of $75 an hour that's only $600 for 8 hours... How about you give me a grand, I'll install the cam and kick you hard in your sack. Then you can have the same sinking pit in your stomach feeling as if you would have paid 2 grand, but for half the price? :lol:

OK that just gave me both the "shivers" and the "shrivels" at the same time. :laugh:

Mr. P.

How about you give me a grand, I'll install the cam and kick you hard in your sack. Then you can have the same sinking pit in your stomach feeling as if you would have paid 2 grand, but for half the price? :lol:

Daamn Brad you are full service dude.

Edited by rrmccabe (see edit history)

yeah i got bad math.... :banghead: haha... i quit asking people to do work for me when they told me it was 80 dollars an hr for labor i told them to shove it up their a$$ and i would do it myself...

I bet that shop that quoted you $3K just didnt have anyone that wanted to do the work, or knew what they were doing. So they gave you a price so high that they knew youd say no, or if you said yes they could take it to another shop to get it done and still have money left over.

Sprayed99 and I set our retail charge for a cam swap at $425, and labor is a half-day; this includes all underhood labor and new oil, oil filter, and coolant but no parts or tuning. For 3-G's I would expect the quote to also include a set of ported heads.

Mr. P.

BTW so you have a more complete cost comparison, a dyno tune from one of the best in the country will set you back $400-500.

subtract a 100.00 and thats the price I think Mr.P needs more sleep LOL. now

325.00 including fluids

I can do the entire swap including (cam,springs, new seats, valve seals, Ti retainers, hardened pushrods, valve locks, fluids and labor) for.............................................................................

you ready???????????? LOL 1175.00

subtract a 100.00 and thats the price I think Mr.P needs more sleep LOL. now

325.00 including fluids

I can do the entire swap including (cam,springs, new seats, valve seals, Ti retainers, hardened pushrods, valve locks, fluids and labor) for.............................................................................

you ready???????????? LOL 1175.00

Uh-huh, there you go giving away the company again :jester:

Mr. P. :)