Procharger Kit

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

use the search button. I asked the same question because I am going to do this on my ss and they said to get a new built trans or upgrade ur old one.. mixed reviews.. I was going to upgrade mine. Good luck with ur build. I can't wait to put mine on... :cheers:

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

Your going to smoke the trans if you turn things up. Also I think without 3000+ stall you will be very disaponted with a procharger as I was. Now add the built trans and a +3000 stall and it will lay awd rubber turned up on a stock motor.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

I have blown 1 stock transmission and 2 fully built 65's...

I did the complete 4l80 swap... I wish i had done this in the first place, i would have spent more initially, but in the long run i would have saved $$$...

especially if you are AWD... that kind of tq will kill the stock GM pos 65...

procharger :thumbs:

my truck is not awd, my first upgrade will be a 3000+ stall converter thanks for the info guys.

I had my trans built before my blower install and have had zero issue's,I think a lot of blown tranny's are from improper tuning,I have been seeing a lot of " so and so tuned my truck and I went through tranny's then I got this guy who said that it was tuning and now everything is fine" Find a good tuner also,that can make a world of diffrence with your procharger.

I had my trans built before my blower install and have had zero issue's,I think a lot of blown tranny's are from improper tuning,I have been seeing a lot of " so and so tuned my truck and I went through tranny's then I got this guy who said that it was tuning and now everything is fine" Find a good tuner also,that can make a world of diffrence with your procharger.

:withstupid:

Yup,

Do spend the money to build the trans. Put the right parts in the first time.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info guys, like I said befor first thing im going to replace it the stock stall converter and get some headers.

I also orderd the kit last week should be here soon :chevy:

\

I've got a Yank TT3000 if you are interested!?! i am goin with the D1 this weekend and just had a Billet 2600rpm stall put in today. I havent driven it yet, but i have heard with the D1 its better to go lower as the blower boosts lower. so if you are interested let me know...

• 2 weeks later...