Procharger Kit

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stock tuning and a Procharger = no bueno :uhoh:

PLEASE DO NOT BUY A HANDHELD! There are a few guys to check into, Charlie Wheatley should be the first one.......he is one of the best in the business. :chevy:

im pretty sure the kit was supost to come with a tune, im goign to call them tomarrow and see whats going on.

also i have my boost gauge hooked up to the port off to the left side of the throttle body and it seems to be reading 10psi is this right?

Edited by silverado_ss_04 (see edit history)

i didnd think the rattleing sounds was right, it only seems to do it at idle.

How is the oil circulation setup designed on the Procharger? Is it a feed/return from the oil pan like the Vortech? Make sure your blower is getting sufficient oil..........

How is the oil circulation setup designed on the Procharger? Is it a feed/return from the oil pan like the Vortech? Make sure your blower is getting sufficient oil..........

Prochargers are a self contained unit. they do not have oil lines to them, that is why they are so easy to install and reliable. as for your rattling, i havent seen the video, but the P1 I had rattled too. dont worry about it. its the gearing internally, and it is normal. change your oil every 6k miles on the blower and you will be fine. but the FIRST thing you need to do it get a tune on that thing. you will smoke the motor really fast if you dont. honestly i am suprised it even fired up without a tune in it

ends up the reason my kit didnt come with a tune is because the truck has drive by wire and no throttle cable, so procharger is sending a base file to the dyno shop 20 mins from me. they say ill need atleast a few hours on the dyno to get everything fine tuned and ready to rip :wacko: