Not trying to beat a dead horse...

SinCity R/T

A bone stock club cab Dakota R/T runs almost the same exact time in the quarter mile as a bone stock Chevy SS. A regular cab Dakota R/T weighs a few hundred pounds less and therefore will have a .3-.4 edge in the quarter. As with any race driver experience and conditions will play the largest factor in who wins - the Chevy SS has a traction advantage with the AWD system but the Dakota has torque/weight on its side.

I don't know this Tony guy from NJ from a hole in the wall, but if his mods list is accurate I could see him giving the SS a distant view of his tail lights. I have a handful of bolt-ons (not heads/cam/rockers however) and run 1.2 seconds faster than the SS's at the local track, and when I spray it's absolutely no contest. However, it's really silly to try to compare apples to oranges.

The Chevy SS is a full-size, extended cab, AWD drivetrain truck with a brand new engine design. The Dakota R/T is a mid-size, RWD truck with an older engine/transmission which was designed for towing (in the Ram) and not racing. You pay more for the SS, but you get more out of the truck itself. I personally think the SS should have come with more oomph for the cost, but I don't think GM was thinking of a Lightning competitor when they built it.

Why get upset because some guy who dropped a bunch of coin beat a stock truck? The way he went through the thread was pretty immature but then again there was a lot of butt-hurt SS owners who thought their trucks should compare to someone with a bunch of mods... 10 pages worth of controversy over nothing? amazing.

(edited to remove extra signature after I updated my control panel)

Why get upset because some guy who dropped a bunch of coin beat a stock truck? The way he went through the thread was pretty immature but then again there was a lot of butt-hurt SS owners who thought their trucks should compare to someone with a bunch of mods... 10 pages worth of controversy over nothing? amazing.

:withstupid: I could not of said it better. I got bored of reading after one page.

Maybe I just don't understand why anyone other than an SS owner posts on this site. I am here to see what other guys and gals are doing to their trucks. I could give a shit about the opinion of someone who doesn't own an SS. I don't waste my time looking at other sites, why do non-owners try to contribute?

By the way I think everyone jumped onboard to beat up this kid is because everyone's BS detector was going crazy!

Non-owners do contribute quite a bit to this site. One of your premiere tuners doesn't even own an SS, but contributes quite a bit to the site. You do not have to be an owner of this truck, when the engine and drivetrain is used throughout the GM line of trucks.

I would not call what Dakota RT posted as a contribution, however. It was something that the response was almost gauranteed, and I believe he was at least smart enough to know that it would happen. No different if one of us had gone to the Dodge site and done the same.

I have a handful of bolt-ons (not heads/cam/rockers however) and run 1.2 seconds faster than the SS's at the local track, and when I spray it's absolutely no contest. However, it's really silly to try to compare apples to oranges.

Thats how I feel about R/T's when I spray they are no contest actually add SRT-10's to that also :D What do you run on nitrous SinCity ? :confused:

I have a handful of bolt-ons (not heads/cam/rockers however) and run 1.2 seconds faster than the SS's at the local track, and when I spray it's absolutely no contest.  However, it's really silly to try to compare apples to oranges.

Thats how I feel about R/T's when I spray they are no contest actually add SRT-10's to that also :D What do you run on nitrous SinCity ? :confused:

The best pass that I have a slip for is [email protected], which was run last spring at LVMS (not a sea level track, time not corrected). At the time my mods were a K&N intake, ported stock throttle body, Mopar M1 2bbl manifold, Mopar headers, MBRP exhaust, B&G PCM flash, MT E/T Streets, and a 75hp squirt of N2O at maybe 800psi in the bottle (no heater/purge).

Since that pass I have upgraded to a bigger air intake, bigger throttle body, 1.75" 4>1 GS Motorsports headers, dual 2.5" catless Spintech exhaust, 1.7r roller rockers, a beefed up transmission, 2400 stall torque converter, rebuilt driveshaft, and will be spraying with 150hp jets and a bottle heater to keep it up in the 1000psi range. I'll do some shakedown runs before letting it rip at Mopars at the Strip in mid-march, I'm expecting to run somewhere in the mid-12's.

For track reference, the stock SS's I've seen race at LVMS ran 15.8-16.0.

You see stock SS's run 15.8-16.0? Wow. I think my silverado could do that? Anyway, if he had posted in a more mature matter, he would've gotten more mature results :thumbs::chevy:

LVMS is a top-notch facility but times are about .5-.7 slower than sea level, because of the altitude and environment.

When I posted my [email protected] I was racing against a Lightning that came up from SoCal... He had a 12# pulley, air intake, chip, and slicks and ran .01 faster but 1.5mph slower than me. The heat/conditions can be brutal.

Just to jump in on the subject, my SS, stock, ran me a best of 15.207 at 72 degrees. Times have been posted and verified by stock SS's to be faster, closer to 14.8-14.9. I'm currently @ a best of 14.88 with only e-fans, a tranny servo and a K&N cone filter. Just to let the Dodge guys know what one of the more stock guys (me) are runnin on here.

Just to jump in on the subject, my SS, stock, ran me a best of 15.207 at 72 degrees. Times have been posted and verified by stock SS's to be faster, closer to 14.8-14.9. I'm currently @ a best of 14.88 with only e-fans, a tranny servo and a K&N cone filter. Just to let the Dodge guys know what one of the more stock guys (me) are runnin on here.

I have no doubt that at other tracks the SS (just like any other vehicle) will run faster than 15.8-16.0. Every time I drive down to California Speedway in Fontana CA or Firebird Raceway in Phoenix AZ I drop at least .3 off of my time, and those locations aren't exactly ideal. One of these days I'd like to cruise out to Carlsbad on a cool winter day and see what I could run.

Archived