What Are You Doing?

kaotik1

I used to go to the gym everyday after work, which is about a 15 mile round trip so I stopped that and just use my crappy home weights. I barely leave the island I live on except for weekends and my trip to work is only like 2 miles so I dont use much gas anymore. The truck is the only vehicle I have and I cant afford insurance for another car or Id buy a beater. I might get a motorcycle if I can find a cheap one thats not too embarassing to ride around. I really want to fix all the air leaks in my house but Im renting now and I dotn want to waste a bunch of money fixing it up

I also thought about getting a motorcycle, but I value my life too much. I am not so worried about my own driving, its the other idiots on the road :banghead:

I also thought about getting a motorcycle, but I value my life too much. I am not so worried about my own driving, its the other idiots on the road :banghead:

With gas on the rise, bike sales have gone up as well... There will always be the unaware people but, for the most part people have gotten a lot wiser to seeing bikes on the road.

This does not have to be a life altering thing, just simple things like efficent bulbs, turning off things when you are not home.

I just figured for those who are not doing the little things, they will get ideas, and for those who have already started to pass out advise.

I try to be as energy conscious as possible to begin with but since last Thurs. when i got my company vehicle i have eased off the gas to about 65mph instead of the usual 80mph,so now the duramax and ss become weekend drivers and i keep more money in my back pocket. :D

work has helped me. i drive a ford f 450 powerstroke home most of the time now . so i leave the camaro and truck parked . the company pays for the diesel on it so that helps me.

Chase, sounds like you are on the right track :crackup: I need to get me a job that lets me use their deisel at $4.60+ a gallon :cheers::uhoh:

Haha, sorry dude. I just found your post hilarious to the topic.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

truck has a "beat in path"

to and from work, we drive my girls car everywhere else.

energy bulbs for the house and when im home alone the electricity consumption is way down. i don't even watch tv when im home alone anymore.

completely unplug devices that are not in use.

my electric bill for last month with a/c and the new fish tank was still only 97 dollars.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

I've always had a beater since I use to commute 100 miles a day for work so now I use that for driving my baby girl to daycare. that's about it. I drive the shit out of my blown ss and have fun doing it. :jester:

Chase, sounds like you are on the right track :crackup: I need to get me a job that lets me use their deisel at $4.60+ a gallon :cheers::uhoh:

Haha, sorry dude. I just found your post hilarious to the topic.

Diesel was up to 5.20 in Beaumont CA. Wow all my friends with diesels are crying a different tune. It used to be they had cheaper fuel and got better economy. "you should buy a diesel dude!" Damn....

As far as going green,

We did the light bulb thing.

The misses recycles everything

No more paper towels

Shop at Costco..

Fuel up @ Costco prices there are pretty low

We have a leftover night...hardly eat out..

Drive the Saabie and parked the truck

If it's yellow let it mellow, If it's brown flush it down....... :jester: J/k...

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)