Damn Cops!

So today I leave my house to go to work just minding my business going the speed limit. And I get to this light like 5 blocks from my house, and I always slow it down cause I know that there is always a cop checking the speed with a radar. So I see him and I take off and cruise right by him windows rolled down, and I get to the next light and I see him pull up behind me! By then I know iam f****d for sure. So he flashes the lights the only thing he got me for is for my dark tint in the front, now I just have a quick ? The citation says obstructing view is this for my strip of tint on the top of my windshield? Or for my two front windows being so dark? What do I have to do? I already told my sister she knows a cop that sign off the citation and pay only 10 bucks. But if that does not work what's gonna happen? Anybody had this problem before? Whath did you do? TIA, JAMIE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is going on with cops pulling people over for tint.

I was pulled over <twice> within 72 hours over the weekend for tint.

Not speeding, or a moving violation, just tint.

Further, Im working in Virginia with a California plate and registration...so, they cant really give me an equiptment violation ticket, but they pulled me anyway. The second time, I was towing my trailer back from the races, going about 50mph with traffic.

I figured that there was a directive issued to pull people with tinted windows.

Go to the doctor's and have them right you a note!

• One in 5 Americans and one in 3 Caucasians will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime. (3)
  • More than 90 percent of all skin cancers are caused by sun exposure.
  • You will still be pulled over and they might still write you a ticket but present this to the judge and they will right it off!

I would venture to say it's for your front side windows, but if they were down????? Did he have you roll your windows up and then he checked them? I thought they had changed the "Fix it ticket" to a fine on tinted windows in Cali? I could be wrong, I haven't lived there for awhile now.

I got nailed right before La Puente about 25 years ago. I think I had to go to Covina. (It was on Colima Rd.) Cop followed me for a couple miles, Probably running the plates and such.

When I came up clean he proceded to just forget it and pass me up.. Wellllllllllllll it was raining and yes I had the windows up, when he got next to me that's all it took. Lights-a-flashing.

Like you, it was a fix it ticket. I said to him, lets just forget about writing the ticket and I'll peel it off right here and now. He said he already started writing the ticket so I asked how many days I had to "Fix it"? He said I had 30 days.

So then I informed him I'd take care of it in 29 LOL

I then went and got it signed off then went right to the hardware store, bought tint and re-tinted them LMAO...

Hopefully you can just get it signed off and re-tint as I did in the day.

Good Luck.

Sucks, but ive heard they are cracking down on tint now days. I was scared yesterday (memorial day), i had a cop behind me and i have tinted tailights so i was like sh*t im getting pulled over but he turned, I was happy.lol

if a cop already signed of on it and IF the ticket has the county stamp on it then ur good just take the ticket to the court house and pay the $10.... it's just a fix-it ticket.

• One in 5 Americans and one in 3 Caucasians will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime. (3)
  • You will still be pulled over and they might still write you a ticket but present this to the judge and they will right it off!

:withstupid: im gonna eventually do this cuz of my tint, but the sun actually does mess with my skin after a while i'll get little spots on my forearms(sp) that looks lik im peeling.

-Rob

Sounds like a lot of work just to get a tint violation waved.

I am no cop/doctor, but devoloping skin cancer while driving?? :wtf:

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

THANX guys, ill take that into consideration Josh, about the doctors note. Well I think my sisters friend will sign it off problably, but would it matter from were the cop is from because he works for the san bernardino county sheriffs dep. Iam hoping to fix and hopefully not see that f****n cop anymore its always the motorcycle cops bust trucks with tint I noticed that, what sucks is that I have to pass through there to get to work! But thanx anyways guys, ill let you guys know what happend later. JAMIE

Sounds like a lot of work just to get a tint violation waved.

I am no cop/doctor, but devoloping skin cancer while driving?? :wtf:

If your in the sun what difference does it make if your in the car or out? Sun exposer will cause skin cancer.

I have a friend who made an appointment with his doctor and because of skin cancer in his family and his long commut the Doc was more then happy to write him a script. Sometimes a little effort isnt going to hurt SS Silv. 10 bucks is 10 bucks.

Also in Ca. come this July with the new No Cell Phone While Driving Ticket comming into play you can bet they will be getting you for window tint too...I will be asking my doc the nxt time I go......Cut out cancer and fix it ticket's!!! :cheers: