Magnaflow

nxtnlne

Well last week I bought a magnaflow muffler #12468 from MadMAx and had it installed on Fri. I had them hacks of the stock exhaust and dump it before the rear diff!! Ty sir...It sounds really mild idleing, I have hardly any drone and it sounds freaking awesome when I get on it.....Anyway's

I loaded the truck up with 3 dirt bikes, 3 kids and there gear. Put 50 bucks on an empty tank and hit the road.

I am now seeing 3+ more mpg in the city and a whopping 3-6+ mpg on the hwy!!! I have had my truck for almost 2 years so trust me I was tripping when I jumped on the fwy and hit the reset button and watched the miles settle @ 18.5- 20 mpg at 65 mph. I have never seen above 14.5 in my area ever. Usually it would start @ 16 and drop to 13.5 on the hwy.

Thinking back I would read some post's about mpg and laugh when you guy's would say 18-20. I was thinking yeah maybe downhill with the wind on empty with no passengers!

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)

you have some good self control...most people see a decrease in mpg since they can't keep their foot out of it after the exhaust work.

Yeah...I had too cruise, We were going somewhere around 180+ miles and I only had 50 bucks towards fuel. Damn budget...I made it about 10 miles from home and the low fuel light came on!! We were in a hurry to get back and we did 75-80 all the way home....I Love the note the truck plays around 80...