Questions About Lt's

So I feel like an idiot sometimes and i feel i dont know as much about my truck as i should, so I have a question about LT headers.

Lets say i was going to get some Lt's for instance like these one: LT's

Is there anything else i need to do besides pay shop to install them (i don't have the time the patience or the right equipment to do it myself). Or do i have to get new cats, will the muffler shop have to do any cutting or anything to make them fit.

I plan to get high flow cats one day but not now, is it ok to install the headers with the stock cats. i have to pace my spending on my truck so i cant do it at one time.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I were to install my headers again, I wouldnt do it any different. cut off my cats, put on my LT's and get a retune to delete the cats. I dont think the stock cats will fit in the stock location with LT's. I wouldnt waste my time and money moving them....just cut em off until you can get high flow cats unless emissions are a problem for you and if they are then i dont guess yuo would have much of a choice on the cats, you'll just have to move them. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

and by the way, those are the same headers I have and I love them.

Sorry if this post doesnt make much sense, Its 2 AM

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

My question about cutting the cats off is whether or not a muffler shop will cut my cats off, isnt it illegal. In oregon we do not have to worry about emissions. But im still afraid of cutting off the cats and getting busted by the fuzz. I have known many people who have cut off the cats on there vehicles but they did it themselves

i got the same headers as you, put them on myself and kept the stock cats. they had to be moved a bit but they fit. im now redoing my exhaust, partly because i had to pull the tranny and cut my exhaust, and im taking the cats out. i really dont think they are all that restrictive but i want a little more sound. if you can have a shop delete them then have Nelson or even someone in your area with tuning software delete your rear o2s.

i just ordered the same headers and i am going to give the muffler shop cash money and get no reciept so they wont get in trouble if i do! next of all i just got the same headers for $299 shipped to my door and the only thing is that the part number is the one that is not coated but the place i ordered them specifically says ceramic coated so if they show up uncoated ill send them back...ill let you know when they get to my door tomorrow if they are teh coated ones or not! the website is autoanything.com and it says they are $319 but on the order page it gives you a code for another $20 off!!!

when you order from autoanything the ones for 319.00 they have a little box that says select style and the only option is black even though the discreption says armor coated if yoy look around on there yoy can find the armor coat option but there 492.00 when i orderd mine from http://www.performancecenter.com/product/partnumber/131006 tey list them for 462.69 for the PCS72C2265 but if you look under the add to cart buttton you ll see a report a lower price on line link i did this and used the link from the first post for 375.00 and put in 0.00 for shipping and the the place in the first post will charge you 30.00 shipping after you order them they say they will contact you before charging your credit card but when i went that way they sent me an email at 12:29 am telling me the shipping was 30.00 and then charged my card before i told them it was okay i had a little trouble getting my money back anyway reported the lower price at performancecenter.com and they lowered it to 367.33 shipped hope this helps and yes when i got them they where armor coated very nice :cheers:

Edited by VHO6.0 (see edit history)