Who is going to leave it stock

boycer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only things I would change:

Cold-Air- ALL GM Air Intakes SUCK regardless of the car! On a LS1 engine a cold air is always good for 10 REAL RWHP. Also, a better performing engine always helps gas mileage

Spray-in Bed Liner - got to carry wheels, engines, parts, etc..

Vinyl Bed cover - easy access, easy remove for carrying big stuff

MP3 player- a must these days

Power Programer - ONLY if it can be proven to help with towing. I know that it is NOT good for anything else really.

Bug/Rock shield - my '96 Grand Cherokee as had one since new and after 108k miles, it still has the orginal windsheild with NO rock chips at all. Of course I would only do this if it looked tastefull.

Electric brake Controler - for towing, given...

That is all I would change. Exhaust, for performance reasons, is worthless on LS1 motors. The factory manifolds flow well and so does the cat-back system. If you want sound, then go for it but besides it, it isn't worth the $$ to me.

ALL IMHO of course :D

As long as Johns still alive LPE will be doing business.His daughter and and another quy are running the place.I read in December they tested a TT 427 C5 and ran like a 8.95 quarter mile. :chevy:

LPE will always be around.

We'll see, it's hard to debate the fact that John was and is the driving force behind LPE.

Right now LPE is facing some really stiff competetition, there are several companies making the exact same power for half the price.

Only time will.

RF

I honestly havent seen any stiff competition for LPE.Every comparo that LPE is in they have won.Put it this way.If I had the money I would rather spend $125,000 on a TT 427 conversion on a new Z06 and go 0-60 in 1.9 seconds then spend 300,000 on a Ferrari that only runs 0-60 in 4 seconds.Plus still get desent gas mileage.The only vehicle I've read about breaking was their TT427 AWD Sonoma,that trucks crazy.It ran a 2.8 to 60 and 10.6 quarter before the tranny gave out on the roadcourse.

I really don't think LPE is going anywere either. Besides I heard John was showing great improvement. They have also branch out some of their work to a shop in Texas (21 Centry) I believe. From what I have read, they have a nice long line waiting for the new superchager to be installed on corvettes.

I honestly havent seen any stiff competition for LPE.Every comparo that LPE is in they have won.Put it this way.If I had the money I would rather spend $125,000 on a TT 427 conversion on a new Z06 and go 0-60 in 1.9 seconds then spend 300,000 on a Ferrari that only runs 0-60 in 4 seconds.Plus still get desent gas mileage.The only vehicle I've read about breaking was their TT427 AWD Sonoma,that trucks crazy.It ran a 2.8 to 60 and 10.6 quarter before the tranny gave out on the roadcourse.

Ever hear of ARE or MTI?

Both making LS1/LS6 engines with the same power output as LPE only without turbos and half the cost.

Nothing against LPE but their prices are beyond ludicrous.

RF

I have heard a lot of good things about MTI, but they do not really promote doing truck stuff eventhough I know read somewhere guy had them put a whipple on his truck.

I wonder how hard it would be to put an MTI 422 into a silverado SS and supercharge it and cost, course with the power that an 422 puts out you probably would not need a supercharger?

RF, do you talk to anybody that works or is affliated to MTI? MTI 422 with a manganuse (?sp) putting out about 8psi would be killer. Plus a tranny upgrade. I hope that AWD would hold together.

Archived