Arent we lucky with this price.......

muscleshop

I just found a document from Chevy that is disturbing to say the least! If you read this, you will see that Chevy ALREADY THINKS they are doing us all a favor with the curent price on the SS. LMMFAO Look at what they had planned on charging for it. Wont they ever learn?

cut and pasted: (left out everything except the SS price)

2003 VEHICLE PRICES

(GM and Saturn-Saab-Isuzu)

NOTE: Manufacturers Suggested Retail Prices (MSRPs) and

Destination Freight Charges (DFCs) are subject to change.

Updated: November, 2002

Silverado SS 1/2-ton, Extended Cab, Short Box (AWD)

$53,100

:nonod::nono::nonod::confused::smash::crazy::uhoh::sick:

So when we try and tell the bean counters that the price is still too high, they think "wtf" we already lowered it by 14k. LOL

:nono:  :oops:  :puke:  Man, I hope that this is a mistake!!

Lots of orders will be cancled or maby we can sell it on Ebay for $3K more or what, $56,100 - You can get an M3 for that, not a truck but what a car!

If you notice, this was a pricing sheet from November. The MSRP is now $39,995 (still too high) and Chevy THINKS they have bent over backwards to lower the price, which is why they arent going to come down any more..no matter how much bitching is done.

I dont want to sound like to much of an ass but,for 53,100 you can buy a Vette,an Escalade,or a loaded 03 crew cab Silverado HD.And im thinking thats what lots of people would have done if this price would have happened.And I talked to a sales guy at my local chevy dealer he says the ones they have ordered are sold,but if they get one for the lot their going to price it around 38,000.

Guys,

$53,100. is in canadian money, that is the asking price I got in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. About the same price as a Harley truck.

Franky.

Then tack on 15% taxes (ontario) and that brings it up too 61K... :fume: dats a whole ladda doah... :wtf: taxes really bump the price up...what kinda taxes you pay there in the USA, i guess it's different from state to state like it is here from province to province.

Archived