Supercharged

Well...the former tbyrnemotorsports would have sold the polished kit for about the mid $5's and would charge $800 for install, so around $6,500 isnt a bad deal done and turn key. If they are a dealer and work with the superchargers all the time, I would go for it. You might save a buck or two if you bought the sytem seperate and found someone else to install it, but would it really be worth it, especially if they screw it up.

Just to give you a comparison idea...I went to superchargers online which is the wholesale supercharger wareshouse. Here is what they sent me for a 2003 SS with aftercooler. Make sure you are getting the intercooled version for that price...

Dear Valued Customer,

You requested a price quotation for: Vortech Supercharger Kit with Aftercooler for 2003 Silverado SS/Denali/Escalade 6.0L (V-2 SQ S-Trim, polished) [more info]

Part Number: V4GL218-088SQ

SuperchargersOnline.com*: $5,049.00

List Price: $6160.95

You Save: $1111.95

If you would like to purchase this product, please click here to ADD it to yor basket.

To return to the product page for this product, please click here. Because of manufacturer advertising policies, we are unable to display any "Buy Now" buttons on the product page, so please save this e-mail message and use the link above to add this product to your shopping basket.

Please feel free to call if you would prefer to order over the phone, or if you have any questions regarding this product.

BEWARE OF IMITATIONS! SuperchargersOnline.com is an authorized dealer for Vortech, Paxton, MagnaCharger, Whipple, and Powerdyne - all of which have restrictive advertising policies imposed on their dealers. Beware of other resellers that advertise prices competitive with ours - they are likely not authorized dealers and cannot provide the level of customer service and post-sales support that authorized dealers can. Even if you don't buy from us, BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER!

Thank you,

SuperchargersOnline.com Sales Staff

Toll Free: 818-340-9229

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

its no to bad of a deal i would say 6k installed is good.

reason is 5k for a polished aftercooled kit is good, the install on the vortech is the most involved imo for any of the gm trucks. you have to tap the oil pan which is kind of a pita and if someone hasnt done it before it would take them a full day for sure. there is alot of little stuff you must do with the vortech .

if you do one i would suggest going with the kit for the denali or escalade, the pre blower intake is set up different and is alot more free flowing . not to mention its actually aluminum not abs plastic.