Lincense Plate Stealing For Gas

BlackSS04

GOT THIS EMAIL THAT HAS BEEN CIRCULATING. AS HIGH AS GAS IS GOING, THIS IS PROBABLY JUST THE BEGINNING OF THINGS PEOPLE WILL DO TO GET GAS.

A woman said her son found his license plate missing so he called the police to file a report. They told him people were stealing the plates to get free gas. Given the rise in gas prices, people have taken to stealing license plates, putting them on their car, then getting gas and running. The gas station will have 'your' license plate # and you could be in trouble for 'pump and run.' Check your car periodically to be sure you still have a plate. If you should find it missing, file a report immediately!!! Keep an eye on your license plate! Make sure you always know it's there! When the license plate is reported as the 'drive off vehicle', it's YOU they contact! Be aware!!!! Be aware of your license plates, most of us never look to see if the plates are there or not.

everyone around here is prepay as well which I think is a smart move and my town isnt that big and besides they can take your plate down but in the end they will see that that plate doesn't belong on that car. Its like taking a plate off of my truck and putting on a honda and having a drive off. "that plate doesn't belong on a honda its suppose to be on a 03 chevy silverado" type thing so I wouldn't be to worried about it.