Bought A New Toy But...

I guess im on the band wagon of former ss owners. that truck was really good to me and it sucks to see her go, but someone else is going to enjoy the hell out of it. i sold it at my full asking price. the dude was impressed with it right away. it is hard to quit work to go to college and this was smarter financially for me... i think ha ha. but any who on to the bright side...

i bought a 99 buell thunderbolt black on black with 4000 miles on it and a few extras. it is a killer bike and im pretty excited to get around on it all summer. i will purchase another vehicle soon but it is nice to get 45-55 miles per gallon. specs i found on the internet about the bike. in metric units the motor is 12xx CCs it is supposed to go 0-100 in 4.3 seconds and have a top speed of 209. it has a cam, intake and exhaust on it. the stock numbers on this bike were like 101 hp and 95 ft lbs of torque, so i have no idea what the extras do to the numbers but this think is scary fast for me. fast enough to turn me into a pavement smear. but im a safe rider.

i will still stop by from time to time to check in on all you guys and a few gals. my plan is to buy a used CTS-V. thanks for everything this sight is the stuff. :cheers:

Yes be safe. All those SPEED #'s ur throwing out there kinda scared me. You can NEVER control the other drivers in vehicles out there around you (while ur on a motor-bike). I would think that the #1 cause of motorcycle accidents with other vehicles is "they didn't see you coming on the bike...". And speed only worsens that problem. :happysad:

I am jealous with those MPG #'s though. STOP IT! LOL!!!

Peace.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Defiantly got to be safe when your on a bike. watching everyone else is point number one. the perfromance aspects of the bike will probably never be tested but i might take it to the track for fun.

i will have to post some pictures when i get some time maybe this weekend. trying to work as much as i can before i get shoulder surgery and will be down and out for a bit.

Congrats on the new purchase---------------- :cheers: ---------I just hate to hear about another SS being sold though......................... :( Seems to be alot ot that going on......Hopefully the new owners will be just as caring as the previous..................