Alarm Topic (again)

chevygal

I'd like to get something for my new Cobalt SS. I didn't have a better alarm on the Silverado SS because it was garaged most of the time. Now that I've moved, I have no garage and I'm already worrying nights about the CSS.

I know if a thief really wants your car, they'll get it but I'd like to get something that would slow them down, annoy them, give me time to catch them. I looked online at Vipers with the remote that alerts you if someone touched your car. Not sure how much they go for; no prices on the website. And I was thinking of adding The Club also. It would take a thief a while to deal with the club and disarm an alarm on top of that. I'd even go for a kill switch.

So let's hear the suggestions/advice. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but I want something decent. I don't need a remote start; don't care about that at all. Just security so I can get some sleep at night.

Thanks guys!

A kill switch is a good idea. I wouldn't waste the money on a Club. A theif will just use a hacksaw and cut right through the steering wheel, the Club will be off in under a minute. I would go with something that has a perimeter sensor and a glass break / jacking sensor. That's not car jacking but rather if someone attempts to jack your car up as in to tow it, it will trip the alarm. A remote battery backup for the alarm is also a good idea.

:flag:

Got my viper alarm for 350.00 with remote start and remote windows and 250.00 without the remote start or remote windows here in Cali.Got my viper alarm for 350.00 with remote start and remote windows and 250.00 without the remote start or remote windows here in Cali.