Oil Rises Jump More Than $10 To New Record High!

SSThunder

Why cant companies cut their profit margin to help us out??? I mean seriously if they are making record profits it isnt because they are barely charging enough to get by

they're main objective is not to help us out at all, they are out for themselves and themselves only. and to realise this you must find out who really owns the oil companies and why they are doing this to find the reason behind it all. untill you do this, you will be left with these kind of unimaginable questions. i don't want to blurt it all out, all i can do is point you in the right direction if you really want to know these truths.

Why cant companies cut their profit margin to help us out??? I mean seriously if they are making record profits it isnt because they are barely charging enough to get by

Their profit margin in terms of percentage is very small relative to other large companies. 7% profit is not much.

It would also hurt just about everybody that has a 401K as well, considering many funds utilize some form of oil investment.

they're main objective is not to help us out at all, they are out for themselves and themselves only. and to realise this you must find out who really owns the oil companies and why they are doing this to find the reason behind it all. untill you do this, you will be left with these kind of unimaginable questions. i don't want to blurt it all out, all i can do is point you in the right direction if you really want to know these truths.

They are for-profit, publicly held companies. They are owned by millions of people collectively. To sell at a lower cost while the world market dictates a higher price would yield little benefit considering the level of importing we do.

They are for-profit, publicly held companies. They are owned by millions of people collectively. To sell at a lower cost while the world market dictates a higher price would yield little benefit considering the level of importing we do.

yes, thats true. but who controls all of those oil companies? who founded them and is still behind them all today? i'll say it, its the corrupt rockefeller family. john rockefeller founded the oil industry in 1870 and his sons own practically all of the oil companies we deal with to this day. they control inflation & deflation of the prices. and to find out why he is doing what he is doing, you yourself myfriend will have to dig deeper.

...The oil companies are NOT the root of the problem.

:withstupid:

A lot of folks don't realize that the US is NOT a democracy, but a capitalist democracy. Most of the events that got us to where we are today happened over 30 years ago and the effects are now finally coming home. Our economy is where it is today because of the New Deal (thank FDR), and the establishment and expansion of Medicare/Medicaid (hmm who to thank for that...) and the dollar being taken off the gold standard (thank Nixon). And when the capitalism breaks down, so will our democracy.

You guys are missing the bigger picture; you're worried about the price of oil (which is understandable) but it's only a symptom of a much larger, worrying problem.

We collectively as a nation consume more than we produce (that's what "growing trade deficit" means); this is like saying your family makes $4000 per month but spends $5000 per month. During the Bush administration we've borrowed over $1T (yes, $1 trillion, with a T) and most of that money has been borrowed from non-domestic lenders. And because the US dollar is not backed by gold or any other standard that means a Dollar is instead a form of IOU, and the US Treasury has printed so many IOUs now that our government's IOU to the world is the size of Everest. And the Treasury still keeps printing more money, like a family that keeps floating bad checks. Result of which is that our IOUs (US Dollars) mean less and less to the rest of the world - we have been lied to for 40 years, politicians have told us we have been living with "inflation" when the REAL truth is we are suffering devaluation of the dollar.

Real assets like gold, diamonds, and oil never loose their intrinsic value however it seems that it takes more and more dollars to buy those real assets; the reality is that those real assets never became more valuable, rather the dollar has become less valuable. All you folks who have worked your asses off for the fat 401k fund thinking you're going to have a nest egg to live off of are BEING HAD, because when the time does come to live off that money you will find the $5000 per month income to be just enough to pay your rent and utilities and food and nothing else.

The big gorilla in the room nobody wants to talk about is Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid - these programs are already in debt $75T. To give you an idea of how much money $75T is, if you take the entire stock portfolio of every stock market on the planet and double it, that's $75T. To pay Medicare/Medicaid off today we need as much money as twice the worlds stock portfolio; we're in deep sh!t on this Medicare/Medicaid problem. And Americans (as a whole) do not want to face the fact that we will need to pay that IOU someday, somehow. But instead the politicians just stall and push the problem to the next generation and continue to spend more than we earn (as a government) and continue to borrow more money stalling the inevitable and printing more IOUs (American dollars). We are already in a death spiral, probably have been since the 80's all because Americans have been unwilling and unable to address the problem.

Many people laud FDR and his presidency; but the way that I see it, FDR introduced into America the idea that everyone is entitled and now after a few generations of that attitude take a look at the mentality of our own kids and American citizen's belief they are entitled to <you name it> low oil prices, free medical treatment, tax breaks for the rich, a cushy job, rettirement, on and on and on... FDR galvanized that thought into the American conciousness with the passing of Social Security and the rest of his New Deal. You can no doubt tell I am not a fan of FDR's policies, they have not only turned out to be expensive in the very long run but have corrupted some of the underlying thinking in this country that brought America to greatness in the first place.

We've been stacking the dominoes against ourselves for a few generations now, and this global oil supply/demand problem today has IMO just set those dominoes into motion. America yesterday just panicked, Wall Street panicked, and it won't be long before the world panics meaning that all those foreigners the US Goverment has been borrowing from to keep Medicare and Medicaid afloat are going to stop extending our loans and lines of credit. In fact, everyone who has loaned money to both the US Government as well as private Americans is going to demand those loans be paid *now* as the American economy plunges into contraction and they loose their investments. And we don't have the money/assets to do that (pay that debt).

Everyone is worried about the price of gas, and worried about having Medicare/Medicaid benefits when they are retired but IMO those problems are going to bankrupt the government and if that happens (because we are a capitalist democracy, not just a democracy) American democracy will fail and the American way of life all these soldiers are fighting for will be lost. It's funny how we now look like Germany post WW1, searching for the magic political figure that will save us from our failing economy - and we all know how that story went.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Many people laud FDR and his presidency; but the way that I see it, FDR introduced into America the idea that everyone is entitled and now after a few generations of that attitude take a look at the mentality of our own kids and American citizen's belief they are entitled to <you name it> low oil prices, free medical treatment, tax breaks for the rich, a cushy job, rettirement, on and on and on... FDR galvanized that thought into the American conciousness with the passing of Social Security and the rest of his New Deal. You can no doubt tell I am not a fan of FDR's policies, they have not only turned out to be expensive in the very long run but have corrupted some of the underlying thinking in this country that brought America to greatness in the first place.

You and me both Steve. I've gotten a lot of flack from people when discussing my extreme distaste for the road FDR set us down on. In 80 years, we've gone from having social services that are a fly speck on the annual government expenditures to it now outranking national defense (and every other facet of spending). :shakehead:

:withstupid:

A lot of folks don't realize that the US is NOT a democracy, but a capitalist democracy. Most of the events that got us to where we are today happened over 30 years ago and the effects are now finally coming home. Our economy is where it is today because of the New Deal (thank FDR), and the establishment and expansion of Medicare/Medicaid (hmm who to thank for that...) and the dollar being taken off the gold standard (thank Nixon). And when the capitalism breaks down, so will our democracy.

You guys are missing the bigger picture; you're worried about the price of oil (which is understandable) but it's only a symptom of a much larger, worrying problem.

We collectively as a nation consume more than we produce (that's what "growing trade deficit" means); this is like saying your family makes $4000 per month but spends $5000 per month. During the Bush administration we've borrowed over $1T (yes, $1 trillion, with a T) and most of that money has been borrowed from non-domestic lenders. And because the US dollar is not backed by gold or any other standard that means a Dollar is instead a form of IOU, and the US Treasury has printed so many IOUs now that our government's IOU to the world is the size of Everest. And the Treasury still keeps printing more money, like a family that keeps floating bad checks. Result of which is that our IOUs (US Dollars) mean less and less to the rest of the world - we have been lied to for 40 years, politicians have told us we have been living with "inflation" when the REAL truth is we are suffering devaluation of the dollar.

Real assets like gold, diamonds, and oil never loose their intrinsic value however it seems that it takes more and more dollars to buy those real assets; the reality is that those real assets never became more valuable, rather the dollar has become less valuable. All you folks who have worked your asses off for the fat 401k fund thinking you're going to have a nest egg to live off of are BEING HAD, because when the time does come to live off that money you will find the $5000 per month income to be just enough to pay your rent and utilities and food and nothing else.

The big gorilla in the room nobody wants to talk about is Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid - these programs are already in debt $75T. To give you an idea of how much money $75T is, if you take the entire stock portfolio of every stock market on the planet and double it, that's $75T. To pay Medicare/Medicaid off today we need as much money as twice the worlds stock portfolio; we're in deep sh!t on this Medicare/Medicaid problem. And Americans (as a whole) do not want to face the fact that we will need to pay that IOU someday, somehow. But instead the politicians just stall and push the problem to the next generation and continue to spend more than we earn (as a government) and continue to borrow more money stalling the inevitable and printing more IOUs (American dollars). We are already in a death spiral, probably have been since the 80's all because Americans have been unwilling and unable to address the problem.

We've been stacking the dominoes against ourselves for a few generations now, and this global oil supply/demand problem today has IMO just set those dominoes into motion. America yesterday just panicked, Wall Street panicked, and it won't be long before the world panics meaning that all those foreigners the US Goverment has been borrowing from to keep Medicare and Medicaid afloat are going to stop extending our loans and lines of credit. In fact, everyone who has loaned money to both the US Government as well as private Americans is going to demand those loans be paid *now* as the American economy plunges into contraction and they loose their investments. And we don't have the money/assets to do that (pay that debt).

Everyone is worried about the price of gas, and worried about having Medicare/Medicaid benefits when they are retired but IMO those problems are going to bankrupt the government and if that happens (because we are a capitalist democracy, not just a democracy) American democracy will fail and the American way of life all these soldiers are fighting for will be lost. It's funny how we now look like Germany post WW1, searching for the magic political figure that will save us from our failing economy - and we all know how that story went.

Mr. P.

P, i couldn't have said it any better myself. you know your shit and i am learning alot from you in your post. :cheers: this has been going on right under everyones noses, and the bilnd have been leading the blind since U.S.A has been founded.(90% of our presidents were freemasons, i'd just like to point out that HUGE fact) and it was for a reason. "1984" by George Orewell is really coming true, very quickly. its seems like yestersay when i had to read the book in 8th grade and right an essay on it, were i spoke out against it greatly, while half the other class did indeed agree with some of its ideals, and for the life of me, i couldn't understand why. peope these days sub-consciously know that the NWO is on the rise, but they are afraid of the truth and turn the blind eye toward it. F**K that, i've been speaking to all my friends and family about these things and eventually i have hopes that they will talk to friends and family and it will reach someone in an influentail position to actually do something about this horrible mess. we should all be descussing these matters, not just the external matters like rising prices of gas, food, water, energy, ect..., but what our government is heading towards just like practically all other western civilizations are today(a form of communism). walk up people, PLEASE !!!!