What is a good aftermarket shock

SuperSport

Looking to buy an after market shock for my truck. the stock ones feel to sloppy. I am going to drop the back 2 inches and the front 1 inch. Need some help to find a good set or stay away from certian ones. Where to buy and how much would be great also.

Thanks

Overhere we have KONI, they are the best :thumbs: . You can even let them make customs.

Had one set for 5 years on a full-size pick-up which i used for towing. The bilsteins i put on the first time didn't last 1 year :nono: . After 5 years i readjusted them (you can adjust the KONI'S yourself) and put them on a chevy-van.

I bought a set of Edelbrock IAS shocks for my 1991 Silverado. They are a bit pricey, awesome performers. I had to return one for replacement, when I opened the box it was covered in oil and the shock was very loose. They cheerfully replaced my shock in three days, and shipped it for free. I am satisfied with them.

I've also used KYB Gas-A-Justs on my 69 Camaro, and they are really nice also. I've never owned Bilsteins or Koni's

I bought my Edelbrocks from Jegs and paid around 98 dollars each for them. I'm pretty sure they are cheaper now though. :thumbs:

Edelbrocks are nice, weve had them on some trucks before, Konis are a great shock as well, Ive never put a set on a truck but they work great on cars and I dont see why they wouldnt on a truck. HAL also makes really good shocks but they are $$$.

Personally, Ive never had good luck with Bilsteins or KYBs on trucks, In my experience, they feel about the same, and dont last long at all, but that was my experience, and the bilsteins come stock on a lot of chevy trucks so I dont think you will get the nice ride and handling that you may expect becuause they are more of a stock replacement than anything.

Had Edelbrocks on my last two trucks. Loved the feel, just wish they would fix their leak problem. Had one do it with about 15k on it. Come to find out that was common for them.

Did you return the shocks for warranty replacement, or just trash it? They are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. The reason I'm asking, is my 91 truck has them on it and it's been around 4 years, but only 15K miles. How much longer should I expect them to last?

I hate "performance" oriented parts that don't hold up like we expect them to.

Do you have them on the SS? How do you like them? :pop:

I still have my stock shocks on the SS.

I didn't send in the Edlebrock shock. I never got around to doing it. It wasn't leaking bad at all. I kept one stock shock for front and back and one box from each of the Edelbrocks, just in case though. Traded the truck in to get this one about 3 months after I noticed the leak.

Archived