Codes

So I just changed my vent valve solenoid and the engine light went off, now the only time it comes on is when I lay on it and then it blinks. The truck does not snap like it should and I hear a little rattle sometimes when i lay on it. I am throwing off codes P0101, P0300, and P0449. I am thinking the 449 one is bogus cause I just changed that valve and didnt have it reset. The other codes the MAF and the Misfire I changed plugs and cleaned the MAF and it did nothing, Also when I lay on it the transmission like sticks or something it just revs and doesnt shift for awhile or until I get off of it. Any one have any ideas what should be my next plan of attack to take care of this crap.

Thanks

So a bad cat will cause a misfire ?? When I changed plugs it looked like the front passenger plug was the one that looked worse than others, the sleeve was black and all the others were normal. I was thinking the worst and maybe lost compression in that cylinder or something

You can get a misfire code from a bad 02 sensor also, that is one reason why the spark plugs look sooty, the PCM is compensating and dumping extra fuel into the cylinder. Also when you have a flashing SES light, that means that something detrimental is wrong and to keep driving with it can damage your engine or trans. The flashing SES light happens more often then not with a bad cat. As I have said, all the symptoms are there, I think you have a bad cat(s). :chevy: