Help With Tune!

RICE EATER

:wtf: ok so heres the deal.. ive had hp tuners pro for a few weeks.. and started to play around with it so i wanted to have some other guys give me some pointers on what to do next cause im still alil new to this. so i tried to post it up on hp tuners forum . and upload my tune in to the post as an attachment from my documents.. and it says please wait while it uploads.. but it never does not even after 10mins.. so i figured well hell il lost it up here.. i know there was a few guys that said there were curious to see my tune. but it says i cant upload failed. you are not permitted to upload this type of file??? :confused::confused::confused: ..

anyone got any ideas???? plz??

well if u have it that would be great. i havent changed anything other then i played with the idle and just bumped it up alil.. it was still stallin alil and had some nasty blower slap.... im guessin i have to email it to u?.. or can i send it via some other way? i cant seem to upload it anywere maybe its my damn vista.. or im just a tard..haha i just cant seem to figure out what im doin wrong

It used to be that the file extension was not valid for this board for a regular HPT file, but you could still zip it and attach it as a zip file. I don't know what your problem is on the HPT forums, never had a problem attaching one over there. Good luck 'tard. :jester::jester::jester:

Thanks to a problem with my O.S. dying on me, I'm once again without almost every file from my tuning.

I've got a data storage solution for you. Just send me all of your tunes! I'll back them up, give you ftp access to them, and won't charge you a dime! :jester:

Seriously, it's time you invest in a backup storage drive if you don't already have one. A PC image and access to stored tunes/files/pictures are priceless, and I've only tuned a few vehicles.

Edit: Oh, by the way, you may look at getting a USB drive adapter cable to trying your own data recovery via another computer. Even though the OS won't boot, doesn't mean the data can't be browsed by another computer. Very cheap/easy to do if you want some help with it, let me know.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

For quite a while I'd just store them to a disc or save them on one of my desktop hard drive's. The desktops regularly get updated and re-done without backing them up (not smart, but I've done it). Unfortunatly the hard drive had a slight power issue and all was lost. That was the first time I've never been able to recover the hard drive. Of course I could have if I hadn't plugged it into the adapter incorrectly. :banghead:

ok guys i think i figured it out..if i could just figure out why i cant get them to load in the hpt forms i would be in good shape.. i can get the log to upload.. but not the tune...hmmm guess im still a tard..haha i just zipped them down like you guys said..and zippy that suckss!! thats alot of hard work down the drain!!!!

silverado_ss_tune_fans.zip

silverado_ss_tune___fans_idle.zip

Edited by RICE EATER (see edit history)