I want too get a cam for the SS, not sure which one to get,Truck is driven a few miles weekly(30), I take it to thhe track a few times a year,Would like one that is easy to tune and get the most power I can. Also like to get a complete kit, cam lifters and springs, So I'm open to all your suggestions, my mods are listed below. Thanks for all yoiur help

what are your future plans? nos? SC? Turbo? if that is a consideration it may help people pick you out a cam that will be good for now and then as well.

:withstupid: yeah and are you going to get the supporting mods?

I will say N/A,maybe nos down the road. Also I will have to call about my converter I think it is a 2700 stall, at least that's what i told the guy to make it, Can't remember where I got it. It was i place out in california (well known)

Edited by ccgoodwrench (see edit history)

Ok I'm preetty sure its a 2600,(90%)Sorry for the confusion, I talk to Dana from Pro built Transmission's. Where I bought the converter, He recconmend a 224/226 duration, and a 112 lsa. something in that range. He also said their is this guy named ed wright, that could e-mail you a tune, that will be the next prolbem tunnig the cam. Ha Ha I have Hp tuners and would like to learn how to tune it myself.

Ok I'm preetty sure its a 2600,(90%)Sorry for the confusion, I talk to Dana from Pro built Transmission's. Where I bought the converter, He recconmend a 224/226 duration, and a 112 lsa. something in that range. He also said their is this guy named ed wright, that could e-mail you a tune, that will be the next prolbem tunnig the cam. Ha Ha I have Hp tuners and would like to learn how to tune it myself.

that 2600 stall is too tight for the 224/226 cam, you should have it restalled to 2800-3000

There is a guy on the board running the same cam I have in my truck with a stock converter if I recall correctly. It is a nice daily driver and very torquey from what I understand. I've also sold this same cam to many other 5.3L and 6.0L guys. I would recomend a 2600 or higher stall converter with the stock cam and most mild cams.

That cam would work very well. Here is another good choice. Trick flow cam # TFS-30602002 I'm going to try one of these in an SSS yet. If you keep the lift below .580" I'd recomend going with the LS6 springs. They haven't had much issue with breaking, they run very quiet, and have less false KR* problems.

That cam would work very well. Here is another good choice. Trick flow cam # TFS-30602002 I'm going to try one of these in an SSS yet. If you keep the lift below .580" I'd recomend going with the LS6 springs. They haven't had much issue with breaking, they run very quiet, and have less false KR* problems.

Zippy, is that cam big enough for my all race set-up? I'd be willing to try it in my SSS.

thats very simular to the cam i installed 220/224 .581 112. Zippy did the tuning through the mail. tbtc waiting to be installed. if i dont like it ill go to a yank 2600 or 3000. i love the cam seems to hit power band at about 2500. nice lope and the tune is spot on nice steady rpms at idle. installed the cam b4 the pcm so that first time i cranked it was cool it loped so hard it wouldnt stay running. anyway id take zippys advice and get that cam.

Zippy, is that cam big enough for my all race set-up? I'd be willing to try it in my SSS.

For what you're looking to do with your truck, that would be an excellent cam. It would work very well with your stall and have shift points of around 6400/6200.

thats very simular to the cam i installed 220/224 .581 112. Zippy did the tuning through the mail. tbtc waiting to be installed. if i dont like it ill go to a yank 2600 or 3000. i love the cam seems to hit power band at about 2500. nice lope and the tune is spot on nice steady rpms at idle. installed the cam b4 the pcm so that first time i cranked it was cool it loped so hard it wouldnt stay running. anyway id take zippys advice and get that cam.

Hey BulldogSS,

Do you ave a sound clip of that cam. Can you give more details on the cam also. (Manufacture, part #, etc.)

Thanks