Intercooler Flow

im running the stock vortech intercooler and im thinking it may be impeding flow and not cooling well enough. i need to hook up a boost guage pre i/c and see what actual boost drop is.

but the intercooler core itself is 4.5x4.5x9 or so.

i know you can get custom ones made but not cheap . im sure the piping size isnt helping a ton its 2.75 from blowers to i/c and 3.0 from ii/c to tb. there is not much i can with that since the t trim blower has a 2.75 discharge. but im thinking i can up the size of the core on the interooler to at least 9 x 7-8 x 10 with the same size inlet. it will effectively cool the air better for sure. as for flow i dont know but need to contact a few or find someone here that knows for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
What are you seeing for iat's

just upgraded to the F1 procharger and im told to go with the 1200 hp core its about double the vortech one

well i appear to be having decent luck with the vortech as of now.

why would i switch systems and spend a ton of money when i can just buy a new core and extend a pipe and itilize my air to water that can offer loweer iats for drag racing with the ice box.

max iat i see is 130's

starting at 60' in the beggining.

im running the stock vortech intercooler and im thinking it may be impeding flow and not cooling well enough. i need to hook up a boost guage pre i/c and see what actual boost drop is.

but the intercooler core itself is 4.5x4.5x9 or so.

i know you can get custom ones made but not cheap . im sure the piping size isnt helping a ton its 2.75 from blowers to i/c and 3.0 from ii/c to tb. there is not much i can with that since the t trim blower has a 2.75 discharge. but im thinking i can up the size of the core on the interooler to at least 9 x 7-8 x 10 with the same size inlet. it will effectively cool the air better for sure. as for flow i dont know but need to contact a few or find someone here that knows for sure.

Vortech dont offer a bigger and better flowing one? I would think they offer some kind of replacement thats cheaper than a full custom intercooler